Kingsley Dennis - Futurist/Researcher/Author

Breaking the Spell of Humanity - A World Waking Up to Self-Awareness

http://www.kingsleydennis.com/

Name:  Breaking-the-Spell-cover.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  18.5 KB

Interview with Kingsley Dennis

Author: Jaime Leal Anaya

The world we live in is constantly changing, but we are not always aware of the subtle changes taking place in ourselves, in our perception and behavior, in the way we relate to each other and our goals in life. Even more so, we often fail to see the larger picture and the major agents at play which are responsible for generating the changes and guiding our evolution, for better or worse. Conspiracy theorist will always find a hidden culprit for our current state of consciousness working behind the scenes, and religious leaders may be too willing to find proof for their message and prophecies and point the finger at external ungodly forces working against the will of God to explain our current state of affairs. In the midst of this polarity there is a voice rising up ever more strongly in our times pointing the finger squarely back at ourselves and urging us to wake up and take responsibility for our own evolution and growth, individually, and as a collective human family. More and more people today, from many fields of study, are sharing their vision for our future and calling us to the task of working on ourselves and nurturing the capacity for individuality and conscious awareness.

The tumultuous times of change we live in are proving to be much more subtle than anticipated. The new revolutions of our times are peaceful revolutions without armaments that call upon each individual’s human resources in participating and recognizing we are all connected and need each other to create a better world for everyone. The vision for humanity’s future, coming on the heels of the changes forecasted for 2012, is one that requires of participation in our own evolution and the communities we live in. Most people we have interviewed for SuperConsciousness Magazine, from all fields and walks of life, largely agree on this.

Sociologist and writer, Kingsley Dennis from Britain, author of the new book, Breaking the Spell, An Exploration of Human Perception, in which he addresses the signs of our times, his vision for the future and the current state in our evolution. He points out the task at hand for humanity to reach its next stage and how it hinges on the capacity to become more self-aware of our perceptions, the agents that historically influence it, and offers us simple tools to begin working on each individual’s own growth and evolution. He is convinced that we, as a species, are going to make it and assures us saying, “My message is to say that to wake ourselves up, and to have the ability to perceive more of our participation in an energetic, living, dynamic cosmos is not as hard as we think … As a species we have passed the threshold. By that I don’t mean that we're going to have a golden age or utopia straightaway, no. There's a lot of time in the future to start creating the change … We need to shift from a linear, socially conditioned perception to a perception which is more intuitive and one that is based on “gnosis,” which is an inner knowing and inner understanding.” Enjoy!

SuperConsciousness: Tell us about Breaking The Spell, An Exploration of Human Perception, the title of your new book coming out this month.

Kingsley Dennis: “Breaking the Spell” refers to a sense of conditioning, how our sense and ideas of the world around us is very much conditioned. It also refers to our perception, so social conditioning and perception are the two major elements that I discuss in the book. The first half of the book talks about how our conditionings and perspectives are built up within us through society. This has not always been the case but is largely the product of modern society. The second part of the book goes into a deconstruction mode and how we can step back and try to break the spell. I specifically talk about exercises that we can do with ourselves, which I describe in three chapters: Managing One's Energy; Being Vigilant; and the third one, Stepping Away. These are all mechanisms that we can do very simply in our daily lives to help break the spell. So that is the crux of the book.

To read more:
    http://www.superconsciousness.com/to...self-awareness

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Zirka For This Useful Post:

followthebubbles (03-06-2013),loveandgratitude (03-07-2013),Reaver (03-06-2013),sandy (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Re: Kingsley Dennis - Futurist/Researcher/Author

Judging from the interview it seems that the author wrote a very sensible book. Now that's how you apply sociology in a meaningful manner unlike the "sociologists" who spend too much time within universities trying to find a deeper meaning in trivial ****.

Some of his remarks are a bit too romantic for me, but not so much that it puts me off.
    Last edited by Reaver; 03-06-2013 at 04:28 PM. Reason: grammar
    Inner Armageddon Blog: http://innerarmageddon.wordpress.com/

People's insecurities and inability to be comfortable in themselves prevents them from shutting the f.uck up.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reaver For This Useful Post:

sandy (03-06-2013),Zirka (03-06-2013)

Thanks

Audio Interview with Kingsley Dennis

February 26, 2013

(Warning: the woman interviewing him....well, I found her somewhat affected.....but he is very good).

http://www.ncreview.com/interviews/n...ingsley-dennis

Kingsley Dennis, PhD, is a researcher, sociologist and futurist as well as a prolific author. He co-founded WorldShift International, and is a passionate advocate for conscious evolution. His books alert us to the dangers of societal collapse if we ignore the social, economic and environmental tipping points that are now upon us.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zirka For This Useful Post:

sandy (03-06-2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Thank you for the book info. Went to his site and have enjoyed reading his essays. I enjoy his writing style. I will consider his book now.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to followthebubbles For This Useful Post:

sandy (03-06-2013),Zirka (03-06-2013)

Thanks

I like his wriitng style as well. He can comunicate complex concepts with a very fluid, accessible ease.

His most recent essays are excellent and some great info on how to achieve a state of "watchful harmony".

He is a gifted one without a doubt.
    Last edited by Zirka; 03-06-2013 at 11:19 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zirka For This Useful Post:

sandy (03-06-2013)

Thanks

The Anthony Peake Consciousness Hour: Author/Researcher Kingsley L. Dennis Ph.D

Author/Researcher Anthony Peake, and Author/Researcher Kingsley L. Dennis Discuss perception, the new generation and how they view reality, and much, much more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4u1...s&spfreload=10