Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Freedom Technique for those interested.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,285 Posts

Re: Emotional Freedom Technique for those interested.

Yes, its over responsibility. Assuming what doesn't belong to you and its a habit started in childhood particularly if we have fragile parents where we adapted by adopting responsibility for their lack. We caused burden, we caused strife, if it wasn't for me.....early childhood imposition.

Sorta like the children who take on the blame for their parent's divorce.

It starts as means of rationalizing and taking control over a situation. "This situation is out of control, there's no source for it, so I will take responsibility for it."

Later we percieve anything coming our way as something we can't do anything about as being blamed for it.

There's a also a fine line. Knowing that someone is attempting to blame you for their discomfort is one thing. The 'smug' face drama in the their mind thread is an example. A perception of smugness caused another's discomfort, even though smugness is not a physical thing.

Feeling it is another. That's having the emotional body stirred.

Brushing is similar to tapping it used to be and sometimes still is included in Reiki. It also stimulates the lymph glands which tend to hold a lot of emotional energy.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (07-02-2013)

Call me crazy but..... HURRITT ENYETO's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,489 Times in 550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post

this isn't the actual page that i arrived at but of the 4 videos this was the closest connection...shrugging my shoulders

I just had a horrifying realization. The woman in the video looks like a slightly older version of my ex-wife...she wouldn't be capable of even pretending things like this.
    Hi Adam,
    I'm not sure if this is helpful, but that man Simon Parkes, is also the guy featured in the recent Channel 4 documentary about alien abduction. He's an abductee, and also a Labour councillor. The reason i mention it, is because he had some kind of event, where somebody made a greetings card and put his name on it or something. He ended up trying to sue them over it, not sure if it was because they stole his work, or if it was considered libellous or whatever. Something like that, cant remember the details, but he did have some kind of trouble over a greetings card because i remember him trying to have them removed from shops.

Hurritt
    God sleeps in the minerals, awakens in plants, walks in the animals and thinks in Man.

True freedom requires sacrifice and pain. Most Human Beings only THINK they want freedom, in truth they yearn for the bondage of social order, rigid law's and materialism. The only freedom Man really wants, is the freedom to be comfortable.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,077 Times in 790 Posts

Hi Hurritt,

yeah, i just remember seeing the card he was complaining about but i didn't remember where i had seen it. I remember reading the card and thinking, 'wtf, is that all about'. It didn't make any sense to me at the time. I accidentally landed on this series of videos when i was looking at Eagle's links but when i went back over all the sites i had visited that day, i couldn't find any trace of the site even though i knew i'd clicked on it which is how i ended up watching all 4 videos. Synchronicity, perhaps, that's why i pursued it. I was just kinda 'going with it' that day because the thread material had put me in that frame of mind.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (07-03-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 9eagle9 View Post
    Yes, its over responsibility. Assuming what doesn't belong to you and its a habit started in childhood particularly if we have fragile parents where we adapted by adopting responsibility for their lack. We caused burden, we caused strife, if it wasn't for me.....early childhood imposition.
    yeah, at that is very very wrong. Children absolutely should not be held responsible for their parents. It's an overturning of cosmic purpose.

Thanks

Thank you for the intro Chelley, I tried it and had great results, and have shared with a friend.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anotherbob For This Useful Post:

9eagle9 (07-02-2013),Adam Bomm (07-02-2013),HURRITT ENYETO (07-03-2013)

Thanks

I know these are just weird coincidences but did you see the guy in the background of the lady talking. I just changed clothes before watching that video and i put on that damn shirt (yeah, it's about 20 years old) which my daughter is quick to point out whenever i wear it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

9eagle9 (07-02-2013),HURRITT ENYETO (07-03-2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks

I didn't comment initially but I think something is trying to tell you sumthin.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (07-02-2013),HURRITT ENYETO (07-03-2013)

Thanks

I didn't comment initially but I think something is trying to tell you sumthin.
    yeah, i'm beginning to wonder, the question is what, though? aaaagggghhhhhhhhhhhh

Actually, i know what it is, at least part of it...i know what it is about from a superficial level but perhaps not the whole story...deep seated grief. I don't feel that i've ever been able to let it go because i feel i wasn't allowed to...in part, because no one seemed to understand it...yeah, that's weird. this really is turning into therapy...
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 07-02-2013 at 05:00 PM.

Retired Member
    Thanks

Imbedded grief is pretty common particularly if you come from abusive homes. There's really no way of avoiding it. And we don't know it. And abused children are typically not 'allowed' to cry just like perfectly loving parents have this issue with sitting in one's emotions (sulking or pouting).

I'd start with some spruce oil, good quality spruce oil, and start putting it on your liver area and kidney area several times a day. That starts shifting that around.

An author I used to CA for Katherine WoodWard-Thomas has chapter in one of her books that helps us spot covert neglect and abuse. Things we'd not think of .
    From her Book Calling in the The One. ( a book I assumed was about calling in God ut is meant to help one call in their soul mate. After doing the required reading to work with her students, I decided I thought it was equally about calling in God)

Did your parents :

Nuture you (soothe you, physical touch, and show loving-kindness for no reason etc.

Teach you basic hygiene.

Basic life skills (how to balance a check book, upkeep of home, etc

Be Consistent and Dependable. Kept their word, life had a predictable rhythm, and they were able to earn a living (a parent's inability to provide for their children plays a number on their head

Attention, spending time with you for no reason. noticing and responding to your moods, listening etc

Encouragements of talents.

Protected

Being Cherished

Respect of Boundaries

Unconditional love

If were are missing 1 -3 of three of these its basically neglect. It may be unintentional neglect. It may have varying degrees on us that didn't unduly handicap us. Parents skipped out on 1 not so bad, 2-3, not great but not a big issue one is getting into a 'absent' parent situation even if the parent is in the home.

Anything more than that starts to qualify as covert abuse even if there was no physical abuse present. Again could have been unintentional.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Lee (07-03-2013)

Thanks

pretty much none of the above. My dad was on occasion physically caring (big hugs) stuff like that, but he did it for the reward of receiving attention. It was very confusing because if i wanted to speak from MY heart, it was like an immediate 'your crazy'. It was extremely hurtful and shaming. We were taught that 'we didn't care about each other' as a family because we were adopted. I loved my brothers and sister, so i was left with the dilemma that i must not care about my brothers and sister if dad says so...what the hell am i feeling. Extremely invalidating and emblematic of the cardinal sin of parenting...don't invalidate! I clung to the fact that my younger brother is a half brother so it was ok to feel love towards him. The odd thing is that he never seemed to reciprocate that connection until the last few years when we almost came to blows. I told him that i was tired of him treating me like a red-headed stepchild and i wanted it to stop and if he wasn't prepared to deal with that to stand up. Our older brother stood in-between and kind of de-escalated the situation. I felt really really bad after the incident but the interesting result is that my younger brother after many years of denial went into therapy (i didn't know about it) and since then our relationship has been operating under a much better understanding.

Bottom line is we all have a great deal of squashed and boxed emotion that has never really been dealt with. In fact, we all have missing memories, both my brothers have trouble remembering much of our childhoods and i have specific things that i have been told happened to me (outside the family) that i simply have no recollection of.

To be fair, he did attempt to do the basic home stuff but it is all relative...he was single after our mother died for about 10 years, so for my formative years i was like a ship in a storm without a port of safety. I hate to sound like a crybaby...but i suffered from abject loneliness after the loss. There were a number of episodes where i was absolutely inconsolable and no one would dare ask the question why or maybe i dare not answer why...it's like it was taboo. Overtime it gave me strength to simply be by myself, though. It's like 2nd nature.
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 07-03-2013 at 05:52 AM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (07-03-2013)