Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LLoyd Pye

Thanks

Cool LLoyd Pye

Lloyd Pye R.I.P December 09 2013

Name:  lloydpye.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  35.3 KB
    Writer and researcher Lloyd Pye died as the result of cancer, according to posts made by family members on his Facebook page. He was 67 years old.

Pye was well known for his promotion of the controversial Starchild skull, an artifact he obtained and believed to indicate the existence of alien-human hybrid beings. The skull became the object of much debate and criticism.

Pye was born in Houma, La. He earned a football scholarship to Tulane University and attended during the 1960's. His ventures as an author, which included the sports-themed 'That Prosser Kid' of 1977 and 'Mismatch' from 1988, were well received.

A post made on Facebook, apparently by a nephew, stated that Pye passed away early Monday evening (December 09 2013). The post added that he was surrounded by family, and that privacy is requested.

“The family is asking for privacy at this time as we deal with the loss,” the Facebook post stated. “We will post additional information in the near future.”

My interview with Lloyd;
    Lloyd Pye - Intervention Theory Essentials - Human Origins
    http://www.spectrumradionetwork.com/...n-origins.html

Recent interview at Red Ice about Lloyd Pye;
    Amy Vickers - Hour 1 - Legacy of Lloyd Pye & Continued Starchild Skull Research
    http://www.redicecreations.com/radio...RIR-131227.php

Scott

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (12-30-2013),aikisaw (12-30-2013),Harley (12-29-2013),HURRITT ENYETO (12-31-2013),noxon (01-02-2014),Ross (12-30-2013),Zook_e_Pi (12-30-2013)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 633 Posts

Re: LLoyd Pye

Still no definitive answers on the Star Child Skull, right?

This is really sad. He was way too young.

Rest in Peace Mr. Pye
    Harley

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Useful Post:

aikisaw (12-30-2013),HURRITT ENYETO (12-31-2013),Zook_e_Pi (12-30-2013)

On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 625 Posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starchild_skull

beginExcerpt

Discovery

Paranormal researcher Lloyd Pye, the owner of the skull, reported having obtained the skull from Ray and Melanie Young of El Paso, Texas, in February 1999. According to Pye, the skull was found around 1930 in a mine tunnel about 100 miles (160 km) southwest of Chihuahua, Mexico, buried alongside a normal human skeleton that was exposed and lying supine on the surface of the tunnel.[1][2]
    Claims

Pye claimed the skull to be a hybrid offspring of an extraterrestrial and a human female.[3] According to Pye, a dentist who examined the upper right maxilla found with the skull determined that the skull was that of a child aged 4.5 to 5 years. The volume, however, of the interior of the starchild skull is 1,600 cubic centimeters, which is 200 cm³ larger than the average adult's brain, and 400 cm³ larger than an adult of the same approximate size. The orbits are oval and shallow, with the optic nerve canal situated closer to the bottom of the orbit than to the back. There are no frontal sinuses.[1] The back of the skull is flattened. The skull consists of calcium hydroxyapatite, the normal material of mammalian bone.
    Young children with hydrocephalus typically have an abnormally large head, as fluid pressure causes individual skull bones to bulge outward.

Neurologist Steven Novella of Yale University Medical School says that the cranium exhibits all of the characteristics of a child who has died as a result of congenital hydrocephalus, and the cranial deformations were the result of accumulations of cerebrospinal fluid within the skull.[3][4]

end

I'd have to go with Occam's Razor on this one.

Congenital hydrocephalus as an explanation is much more convincing than alien-human hybrids. Also, the presence of an exposed adult female skeleton alongside the Starchild Skull is more easily explained as a human child with congenital hydrocephalus having succumbed and then buried ... and some time later, the mother - on her death - buried alongside her child. If aliens had been involved, it is unlikely the child would have succumbed in infancy or early childhood. IMO.

Pax

Thanks

Thank You for the update Scott. I was unaware he passed.

This video opened my eyes to some ideas I had never been exposed to years ago when i first watched it. I enjoyed his presentation and manner. It always felt like he was talking to you and not over your head. I have traded a few emails with him and found him quick to reply and willing to explain his answers. I will miss him.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aikisaw For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (01-01-2014),HURRITT ENYETO (12-31-2013),noxon (01-02-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starchild_skull
    That is not valid source of information on Lloyd's work.
    Unless of course you need to believe the spin doctors.
    Lloyd's been fighting with Wackypedia for years now, an admin there has made it his life's mission to smear Lloyd and not allow anyone to Edit Lloyd's information pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    Neurologist Steven Novella of Yale University Medical School says that the cranium exhibits all of the characteristics of a child who has died as a result of congenital hydrocephalus, and the cranial deformations were the result of accumulations of cerebrospinal fluid within the skull.
    Good ol Steven Novella (of the New England Skeptical Society) gets dragged out every time some joker wants to defame Lloyd (he wrote his article in 1999 when Lloyd had just started with the starchild skull) even though his writings about Lloyd's research have been repeatedly proved incorrect.

Lloyd's response;
    Name:  back of skull.jpg
Views: 161
    [Any skeptics who say hydrocephalics and the Starchild are comparable know nothing about either. A hydrocephalic suffers from water on or in the brain itself. It creates great pressure inside the head, which causes it to expand outward in all directions, though rarely with good symmetry. The Starchild Skull, though quite different from a normal human skull, has exceptional symmetry all over.

In addition, it has a crease along its rear sagittal suture between its two expanded parietal bones. Such a crease would not be in a hydrocephalic unless the suture was prematurely fused. A CAT-scan performed in 1999 clearly showed that none of the Starchild’s sutures were fused at the time of death. In addition, a dozen mainstream scientists were part of a study published in 2004 that concluded the Starchild could not have been a victim of hydrocephaly. Period. Finis.]

Link to latest DNA test (2012)
    http://www.starchildproject.com/dna-...etics-abstract

Personally I have always thought Lloyd should have stuck with his research on Human Origins, I even told him this personally. I felt the starchild skull was a distraction that would take to much time & money to have any solid proof and even if they do eventually get proof, 50% of the people will deny its real.

I helped Lloyd with one of his early magazine articles about 18 years ago (Carpenter Genes) and have kept in contact with him since, I will miss corresponding with him.
    I am glad he managed to finish his Intervention Theory Essentials, an amazing work of research.
    If you have not read it I highly recommend it.

Scott
    Last edited by Scott; 12-31-2013 at 01:45 AM.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:

aikisaw (12-31-2013),Harley (12-31-2013),HURRITT ENYETO (12-31-2013),Ross (12-31-2013),Zook_e_Pi (12-31-2013)

On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 625 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    That is not valid source of information on Lloyd's work.
    Unless of course you need to believe the spin doctors.
    Lloyd's been fighting with Wackypedia for years now, an admin there has made it his life's mission to smear Lloyd and not allow anyone to Edit Lloyd's information pages.
    Believing the evidence is good enough for me. I've been fighting spin doctors and vertigo all my life.

Good ol Steven Novella (of the New England Skeptical Society) gets dragged out every time some joker wants to defame Lloyd (he wrote his article in 1999 when Lloyd had just started with the starchild skull) even though his writings about Lloyd's research have been repeatedly proved incorrect.

Lloyd's response;
    Name:  back of skull.jpg
Views: 161
    [Any skeptics who say hydrocephalics and the Starchild are comparable know nothing about either. A hydrocephalic suffers from water on or in the brain itself. It creates great pressure inside the head, which causes it to expand outward in all directions, though rarely with good symmetry. The Starchild Skull, though quite different from a normal human skull, has exceptional symmetry all over.
    I went to the Google images page and typed top view of hydrocephalic skulls. There is too much variability in the images to ascribe to a standard top view. The Starchild Skull falls within the range of this variability and has no exceptional features that distinguish it from hydrocephalic skull shapes. The claims made by Pye are not so obvious to me after looking at the variability. Some of the hydro-skulls even have exceptional symmetry.

In addition, it has a crease along its rear sagittal suture between its two expanded parietal bones. Such a crease would not be in a hydrocephalic unless the suture was prematurely fused. A CAT-scan performed in 1999 clearly showed that none of the Starchild’s sutures were fused at the time of death. In addition, a dozen mainstream scientists were part of a study published in 2004 that concluded the Starchild could not have been a victim of hydrocephaly. Period. Finis.]
    There are many possible explanations for that crease. There is no good reason we should pick the human-alien hybrid as the best explanation. Based on the presented evidence, we can entertain the possibility, at best. At worst, Occam's Razor shaves the more fantastic explanations off the face of possibility.

Btw, the human skull does not expand like a balloon when faced with internal fluid pressure. If it did, we would all be balloonheads more or less. There are many human factors that could have created the dent. I can think of one without even trying: internal fluid that has been compartmentalized into two reservoirs, with each reservoir pushing outwardly at right angles to each other. The issue of premature fusing becomes moot, then.

Link to latest DNA test (2012)
    http://www.starchildproject.com/dna-...etics-abstract

Personally I have always thought Lloyd should have stuck with his research on Human Origins, I even told him this personally. I felt the starchild skull was a distraction that would take to much time & money to have any solid proof and even if they do eventually get proof, 50% of the people will deny its real.
    Bingo. You're absolutely correct about that. Solid proof bears a high standard. The Starchild Skull doesn't even meet the small standards of science investigation. Too many ifs/ands/buts need to be injected to portray the Starchild Skull with any degree of certainty. Either pro or con.

I helped Lloyd with one of his early magazine articles about 18 years ago (Carpenter Genes) and have kept in contact with him since, I will miss corresponding with him.
    I am glad he managed to finish his Intervention Theory Essentials, an amazing work of research.
    If you have not read it I highly recommend it.
    Scott
    No doubt he was a gifted man. And no doubt there are many many questions as to our origins. I, too, am of the belief that evolution alone cannot explain the historical record of human being. You don't make the leap from amino acids to Lana Turner without some intervention. And Lana Turner is proof positive that the interveners knew what they were doing.

Pax
    Last edited by Zook_e_Pi; 12-31-2013 at 06:42 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Zook_e_Pi For This Useful Post:

Ross (12-31-2013)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,285 Posts

Pye made it very clear he was studying the skull of a young child. He made that abundantly clear.

Young children and infants have soft, malleable, unfused skulls. There is no argument on earth that can intelligently refute what every parent knows. Every pediatrician knows. Every neurologist knows that. Every gynecologist nows. What any person could know for themselves by looking at the skulls of children of a certain age group.

That is the primary symptom of hydrocephaly in juveniles--skull expansion because of internal pressure. And you can easily press a dent into a child's skull; the natural normal internal pressure will eventually correct that as a child grows.

To say that skulls do not expand from pressure is disinformation. Yet that is very specific to children. Adult, calcified skulls do not expand because they are fused. Pye made it abundantly clear he studied a child's skull. This is why there are no ballonheads wandering about.Adults die before it gets to that point of expansion. Unless they've been stent treated they are dead before the skull can expand because adult skulls cannot.

A child has a better chance of not succumbing to hydrocephalic conditions as fast as adults. BECAUSE their skulls expand. An adults won't and their sypmtoms are different.

The lateral ventricles (not reservoirs) are in-cased in brain matter. Because they are encased in swollen brain matter the brain matter itself would prevent the leveraging of right angles erroneously given forth as a solution. These are organic parts not mechanical ones. One must take into consideration the effects of the swelling on the ventricles themselves. The organic nature of the ventricles and brain matter, and how they rest in relation to each other, overly saturated or not would make that scenario highly unlikely and mostly impossible.That's like saying a crow bar imbedded in a nerf ball would be able to exert the appropriate leverage to pry a soft board up. If the brain is swollen and saturated the ventricles have that same pressure imposed on them.

If this was localized to the 'reservoirs' as one erroneously stated a look at the base of the skull would be more enlightening than using faulty lay person language.

All brains are pressurized. There is a reason why the word HYDRO is tossed around here. The hydraulics of the brain. Abnormal hydro-pressurization is where the problems come in at.

I'm satisfied that Pye did his work on Hydrocephaly to reasonably discount hydrocephaly. (not to say he is absolutely right...we don't know that). Reasonably. Reason in the truest sense of the word. Mysteriously leveraging ventricles erroneously called reservoirs is not reasonable and likely Pye knew that. He did seem to understood hydrocephaly in relation to the work he was doing. In order to use hydrocephaly as a counter argument one would have to at least know as much as Pye did about the condition. Or at least know what any med student knows. One would have to present something about hydrocephaly that wasn't previously known.

However it seems reasonable his detractors make it plain they didn't do THEIR research in regards to how hydrocephaly factors in the matter.

That the skulls of small children are malleable and un-fused could have been something we snoozed through in pre med. We may have snoozed through it in pediatrics. We may have snoozed through it in neurology. We may have snoozed through it in Gyneocology. We may have snoozed through all that simply because we knew that in 10th grade biology if we didn't know that from having children ourselves.

I have no vested belief in this either way, its interesting, its reasonable, but there is no reason why I need to believe or disbelieve it. I don't think that is what Pye intended for this --to have a belief system grow around . However it is the detractors who grow the beliefs around it; not the people who simply accept it as reasonable interesting research.

I hope people continue to preserve its work as he intended it and continue to not allow the uneducated dis information knee jerks paint it with a brush he didn't intend for it.
    Last edited by 9eagle9; 12-31-2013 at 09:30 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Ross (12-31-2013)

Thanks

I was not aware that Pye had changed the designation of the starchild skull from human-alien to alien. In Scott's interview in the OP Pye mentions he is considering doing just that. I found this interview where he discusses it.

In this interview Lloyd tells the world that the Starchild Skull is 100% alien and he also eloquently explains his Intervention Theory, human origins and that the earth may have been terraformed. His fields of expertise include the origins of human life, of alien reality, of hominoid (bigfoot, yeti, etc.) reality. Lloyd is the author of "Everything You Know Is Wrong (EYKIW)" where he goes into human origins, spanning everything from the oldest known recorded histories of the world to modern genetic discoveries. In it, Lloyd Pye postulates his alternative view of human evolution, now called "Intervention Theory," and he is also the author of the "Starchild Skull Essentials is an eBook" that boils down to an easily digestible packet the most important facts about the Starchild Skull.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to aikisaw For This Useful Post:

HURRITT ENYETO (01-03-2014),Scott (01-04-2014),VajraYaya (01-02-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 633 Posts

Will post this here because Lloyd Pye also shared some participation in this investigation.

Initial DNA Analysis Of Paracas Elongated Skull Released – With Incredible Results

5 FEBRUARY, 2014
    Ancient Origins

An elongated skull found in Paracas

Paracas is a desert peninsula located within the Pisco Province in the Ica Region, on the south coast of Peru. It is here were Peruvian archaeologist, Julio Tello, made an amazing discovery in 1928 – a massive and elaborate graveyard containing tombs filled with the remains of individuals with the largest elongated skulls found anywhere in the world. These have come to be known as the ‘Paracas skulls’. In total, Tello found more than 300 of these elongated skulls, which are believed to date back around 3,000 years. A DNA analysis has now been conducted on one of the skulls and expert Brien Foerster has released preliminary information regarding these enigmatic skulls.

It is well-known that most cases of skull elongation are the result of cranial deformation, head flattening, or head binding, in which the skull is intentionally deformed by applying force over a long period of time. It is usually achieved by binding the head between two pieces of wood, or binding in cloth. However, while cranial deformation changes the shape of the skull, it does not alter its volume, weight, or other features that are characteristic of a regular human skull.

The Paracas skulls, however, are different. The cranial volume is up to 25 percent larger and 60 percent heavier than conventional human skulls, meaning they could not have been intentionally deformed through head binding/flattening. They also contain only one parietal plate, rather than two. The fact that the skulls’ features are not the result of cranial deformation means that the cause of the elongation is a mystery, and has been for decades.

An artist’s impression based on a Paracas skull. Photo credit: Marcia Moore / Ciamar Studio

Mr. Juan Navarro, owner and director of the local museum, called the Paracas History Museum, which houses a collection of 35 of the Paracas skulls, allowed the taking of samples from 5 of the skulls. The samples consisted of hair, including roots, a tooth, skull bone and skin, and this process was carefully documented via photos and video.

The samples were sent to the late Lloyd Pye, founder of the Starchild Project, who delivered the samples to a geneticist in Texas for DNA testing.

The results are now back, and Brien Foerster, author of more than ten books and an authority on the ancient elongated headed people of South America, has just revealed the preliminary results of the analysis. He reports on the geneticist's findings:

It had mtDNA (mitochondrial DNA) with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far. But a few fragments I was able to sequence from this sample indicate that if these mutations will hold we are dealing with a new human-like creature, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans.

The implications are of cause huge. “I am not sure it will even fit into the known evolutionary tree,” the geneticist wrote. He added that if the Paracas individuals were so biologically different, they would not have been able to interbreed with humans.

The result of this analysis is only phase one of many phases of analysis due to take place. The results need to be replicated and more analysis undertaken before final conclusions can be drawn. We will update when more details emerge.
    Last edited by Harley; 02-06-2014 at 03:31 PM.
    Harley

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (02-06-2014),HURRITT ENYETO (02-07-2014),VajraYaya (02-06-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,075 Times in 788 Posts

wow, that's great and extremely interesting..

I checked the provenance of the article and it seems kinda of 'ho hum' in terms of hard science. I'm still looking though...it is interesting that in classic studies of neanderthals, cro-magnon, homo, and Denisovans, there seems to be an unknown DNA contributor...this might be it.
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 02-06-2014 at 03:57 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Harley (02-06-2014),HURRITT ENYETO (02-07-2014)