Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "The world is a breast and I'm the nipple." - The Egotist? (or The Narcissist??)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 810 Posts

Re: "The world is a breast and I'm the nipple." - The Egotist? (or The Narcissist??)

- Ephemera - theory & politics in organization

"Today, too, I experienced something
    I hope to understand in a few days"

Leth: The Perfect Human and The Five Obstructions
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 01-04-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,285 Posts

Re: "The world is a breast and I'm the nipple." - The Egotist? (or The Narcissist??)

So...consider the ego, healthy or unhealthy, as a body. It is a body of the mind, with other supporting bodies.

So say you have a healthy body. A healthy body is fed healthy stuff. The healthy body has healthy stuff with the periodic indulgence in unhealthy stuff but for the sake of health we correct ourselves. Just like with our daily diet. Balance. Some of that stuff can be our own thoughts and emotions. Or it can be external other peoples healthy thoughts and emotions. A healthy ego digests or processes its 'food' dependent on if the inner processes are functioning in a healthy way. The other supporting bodies.

The healthy curiosity of a healthy ego will feed another healthy ego. In turn that healthy ego is curious about the first healthy ego and you have a reciprocation of energy.

Unhealthy egos can't do this. They are unhealthy so can only really offer unhealthy stuff to others. They might 'think' its healthy but its really just an unhealthy imposition. They need to be fed unhealthy stuff so assume others will thrive on it as well.

Take the unhealthy ego as a body. Unhealthy bodies (egos) eat unhealthy stuff. Unhealthy physical bodies repeatedly crave unhealthy stuff. Or starve themselves. Ego anoxeria. Fear of feeding the ego, its needs to stay small because no one likes a fat ego the same way people fear having a fat body. Or ego bulimia, eating unhealthy stuff and then barfing it up on others. So they eat unhealthily either too little or too much and basically just feed it unhealthy thing. Or try to purge the unhealthy stuff in inappropriate ways.

If someone tries to feed them some healthy stuff they either react to it or can't accept it. Or get angry. Take that carrot away I want a big Mac! Why aren't you feeding me what I want! (why aren't you telling me what i want to hear)

They don't like people being curious about them because they are afraid someone might see how sickly they are.

If someone tries to give them medicine they reject it because it doesn't taste good. A healthy ego will take the medicine even though there is no sense of self gratification (taste/feel good) if its going to provide more health. Medicine typically doesn't provide instant feel good or instant gratification one has to process it first.

So basically addressing the ego as one would the physical body. The ego decides our individuality and on a higher level that's expressed through the individual physical body. Who knows maybe the ego created the body as a manifestation of its own individuality. I've often entertained the notion of knowing what is going on inside a person's ego by their appearance. I noticed that in new agey healing circles. All the healers were unhealthy in condition and appearance.

Within reason accounting for no one is perfect, and perfect seeming people are usually artificially created anyway.

It would make sense a healer appeared healthy. But all of them venerated this state of unhealth. "God took my health so I might better serve people as healer"

"My affliction shows I'm blessed."

"My allergy makes me special"

Not healthy and doesn't even make any sense.

Healthy doesn't really have anything to do with special unless we are confusing healthy with 'rare.'

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

VajraYaya (01-13-2014),Zook_e_Pi (01-19-2014)

Thanks

are we not all ego in the physical body no matter how strong or how humble?
    the physical is the ego learning,expressing and experiencing.

if you become enlightened to whatever extent,what is it that is saying (hey look at me ,i am enlightened?)

the pain body is very narcissist and that is it,s job,overcoming that and seeing it in oneself and others is a form of awakening that we all have to go through.

if anyone of us was enlightened!

would we be here?

we would have our own agenda and forums would not be a priority.

does enlightenment mean to achieve ascended master status?

one,s truth is not the same as another persons truth.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manny For This Useful Post:

9eagle9 (01-19-2014),Zook_e_Pi (01-19-2014)

On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,302 Times in 713 Posts

One of the primal laws of Nature is balance ... which speaks to moderation.

To everything there is a point of balance, including the balance of the ego ... which then speaks to the moderation of it.

However, moderation should not be confused with the mean, specifically, regression to the mean or community standard (of what is an acceptable amount of ego). For the balance point of a high-esteemed ego is greatly displaced from the balance point of a low-esteemed ego. Societal standards observe a balance point in the middle. All three points of balance respect the primal law of Nature, e.g. moderation. Now, it's quite often the case that the balance point of the high-esteemed ego exceeds the high point of the low-esteemed ego (which is out of balance with itself). This means that the high-esteemed ego is elevated wrt societal balance but in balance with itself ... while the low-esteemed ego is elevated with itself (and out of balance) but in balance with the societal standard of ego (if elevated sufficiently).

Questions beg: is it appropriate to force the low-esteemed ego out of balance with itself (and into balance with the higher balance point of society)? Is it appropriate to force the high-esteemed ego out of balance with itself (and into balance with the lower balance point of society)?

Nature is a steady state system of interactions between the meek, the middling, and the mighty. Is forcing the meek towards the middling (or greater still to the mighty), enlightenment? How about forcing the mighty towards the middling (or lesser still to the meek) ... is that enlightenment?

Those who would arrange wrestling matches between ballerinas ... and educe pirouettes from sumo wrestlers ... what are they really seeking?

Pax

ps: To wit, let the rose be a rose ... the thorns, be the thorns ... and the stem that binds them, the stem.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zook_e_Pi For This Useful Post:

9eagle9 (01-19-2014),Adam Bomm (01-19-2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks

If we are having this conversation here in a general way and not intended in personal way and someone with low self esteem/ small ego gets triggered by reading did we force them? It was their choice to read it..but one another level maybe not their choice, they are nearly driven to examine things they know will upset them. What is driving them? Are healthy people driven to constantly expose themselves to content and material that is bound to disturb them. I avoid horror movies and Jack Ass re-runs because it upsets my equilibrium. As opposed to content that might disturb but is balanced by the fact its necessary we know the information.

If they learned something, examined why they got triggered, you could say they had a moment of enlightenment about themselves. If they simply go storming off in a reactionary state ..is that their choice? Or did we force them?

Is it appropriate to force the high self esteem out of balance? It would be an act that says more about the ones insisting the healthy should be imbalanced then the one they are attempting it on. It would certainly be a lot harder to thrown the Healthy Ego out of balance then the ones who are already imbalanced.

To the unhealthy ego, people who have a healthier ego already appear imbalanced because imbalance is the normal for them.

The unhealthy ego is already out of balance, I'm not sure we can say we unbalanced it. So if someone reads this post and goes over the edge, did I push them? Is this a personal conversation where we are defining Mr. X as imbalanced. No. It's a general conversation about the ego, not an individual ego but someone would be bound to take it personally. They made it personal to themselves we didn't make them. That would even be a form of narcissim to suggest this conversation is singling one person out. But unhealthy egos all typically rather act the same, its like a single ego.

Unless we are all mind readers how would we know what is going to push someone out of balance? Never have any expression at all to keep everyone safe from their own small ego? Do I need to sit on your arm all the time so you don't punch yourself? Maybe if you said, I have this unhealthy compulsion to hurt myself will you help me not to do that anymore? Do have to monitor you everyday to make sure you didn't eat or drink something unhealthy? Or to make sure you have your snow tires on? That you sent your mother a card for mother's day? Did you get your kids off to school this morning? Are you dressed warm enough? Are any of us doing to this to the other on a daily basis, micromanaging each other.? No we are basically going with 'your life is yours to manage'.

So why would we need to feel that other's small egos need to be babysat, checked in on?

If you are aware that someone has a small ego and you handle it with kid gloves, you're ****ed (accused of elitism more than likely) If you don't handle it with kid gloves you are ****ed. You are damned either way.

Remember the drama over the elite 'smart' people taking up conversational band width with their elitist intelligent talk (about a year ago) that excluded people by....

...well....

we never figured out how how it excluded them. They couldn't or wouldn't say. (just plain out damned for no reason that could be given)

Or did they exclude themselves because their lack of esteem or small ego? Even when invited to converse they refused and yet insisted they were excluded by some elitist mindset. What they did was prejudge or prejudice themselves, they considered their conversational input too unworthy to toss into the general chatter. No one ever said they were unworthy to include. I don't think anyone saw themselves smugly sitting on a throne of knowledge preparing their next brilliant statement...people were just BSing.Maybe it was thoughtful or reflective BS but for people who don't want to think, be exposed to anything new, new ideas, povs, etc and they just want to 'feel', that is how that conversation will be perceived. What feelings would be generated? Interest, curiosity, maybe someone brought up something unsettling, or disturbing so there were feelings there but they weren't really being expressed in a collective way, but on an individual level... but it wasn't the sort of FEELINGS the unhealthy people needed.

Would their ego have felt better if we had a pub or a thread that said 'We are sorry for elitism here's a conversation for stupid people. '

I'm sure not..lol. Because its not really about how bright others are its because their unhealthy emotional bodies are not being fed. Rational logical conversation typically doesn't stir emotions. 2 and 2 is four, four and four is eight, eight and eight is 16. What's to get emotionally stirred about there? Because its not moving the stagnant emotional body the unhealthy ego people get angry because they are not getting what they want. And because they aren't getting what they want the 'privileged elite' must be withholding it from them.

They want to feel something but they can't so depend on others to make them feel a certain way even its making them feel awful about themselves. Healthy egos have active emotions, you feel this, your feel that, its all over the place, emotion in motion like that old song goes...but because you are feeling 'all over the place' you aren't depending on others to 'make you feel'. You don't have to go out and troll for someone to make you feel pissed off, or happy.

But if you have 50 unhealthy ego people in a community and one with a healthy ego is there is an imbalance? Without the one yes, the remaining 50 could return to the status quo but that doesn't mean its healthy. Balance tends to mean a healthy state. Balancing is in motion you are always in motion when balancing, E- motion. Always moving, not stagnating or brooding on one place. Status quo implies a state of stagnation which means imbalance nothing is moving. All parts of our bodies are influenced by motion. We may not think our spleen is moving around but something is moving through it. If things in your physical body quit moving you'd be dead..lol.

In that circumstance the healthy might leave an unhealthy circumstance or the 50 may leave because they are constantly being reminded of their imbalance...or not getting what they 'feel' they should be getting.
    Last edited by 9eagle9; 01-19-2014 at 09:11 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (01-19-2014)

Thanks

I tend to keep my stories short...why compare against anything but ourselves? An out of balance ego is simply out of balance, high or low, they are manifestations of the same inner experience. If we find the proper balance point, then all is good. I think that anytime someone external to us has an opinion on the state of our ego, then by definition we are out of balance within the inner experience.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

9eagle9 (01-19-2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Because observation or comparison is how we learn to challenge ourselves.

Challenging one's self is scary its not safety making. The primary question is.What do you want? If you want to feel safe all the time, then one's little ego makes sure you IT will be safe . We feel what its feeling.

So if you want to learn to play tennis well you might watch someone who plays well. You would compare how they play, how they move in a well executed match to see perhaps where you are not playing to the standards you want want for yourself. You are making a point of comparison. You can learn from that or walk away feeling like a failure.

Or do you just give up? Or do you blame the tennis player that you refused to learn from for your bad game? The issue is not the small ego. I don't care how many people have unhealthy egos until they try to make their ego my problem or my fault.

At some point when we are trying to do something we ask other people how they are doing it. Or we go to Youtube. How do you chage the brakes on a Chevy truck? Where's the recipe for Veal Parmesean. This is not a hard fast rule you have to use discernment and you have to know what you want. I made chicken and dumplings last week, and I followed Paula Deen's recipe instead of my own and that ***** made me make a set of dumplings that were flour rocks!!! I learned from that. She didn't make me do anything. I chose to. And I made the wrong choice. That's life . But next time I will KNOW not to use that recipe. Now some will accuse me of thinking I'm better than Paula Deen. No, my dumplings are better than hers....for myself. I personally know people who prefer hard flour rock dumplings. Its not a contest about who is better. Whereas some people might just blindly keep using that recipe because Paula Deen is an authority on the matter, and we must blindly follow her. But I had to learn that not every authority is the authority for me but they are an authority.

How? How did Paula Deen become an authority on cooking? She cooked, she learned from other cooks, she compared what she was doing to other cooks and maybe improved on it, learned from it, discarded it. That's just living.

I have skills that I have self developed that is true. But I have other skills I've developed from watching skilled people.

The primary question is (for anyone not just you) . What do you want?

A stagnant emotional life where you always dependent on others to make you feel? You eat flour rock dumplings forever because...why? Afraid to make a mistake?

People call me and say, I want to learn to ride as well as you. Okay so you have to do what I am doing. They don't like that. I didn't say they had to turn into me, I said they have to do what I am doing...or not doing. When you were taught to drive a car did you have to turn into your instructor.

No. You had to what they did. We don't object to this in the world of the physical body. We for some unknown reason object to it when it comes to our inner body.

First order that people could never get past...to ride well dress like I do . Jeans or breeches, boots with a one inch heel, some comfortable shirt, everything snug so it doesn't snag anything and pull you from a horse. So a FEW people would understand this and show up in jeans, and low heeled boots. They want to learn to ride. They don't translate what I said into "I have to look and dress and act like her."

Then many more would show up in ball gowns and stilleto heels because their egos are too small to take constructive criticism. They think they are being rebellious and hp. No they are just being small. They don't want to learn how to ride so they sabotaged themselves right out the gate. I wouldn't put them on the horse (for their own safety and that of the horse) but now they can blame me for withholding something from them they think they wanted. But I didn't, if they wanted to ride they have dressed the way I suggest they dress. Like me. Not become me, dress like me. I dress like I am going to ride a horse, not like I'm going to the beach.

Then they resist. You don't have the authority to tell me how I dress. I don't have to be like you. You have to let me ride.

No I don't have the authority to tell them how to dress. They don't have to be like me. I do have the authority to refuse them a lesson because I KNOW when they hurt themselves...they'll blame me. I'm keeping them safe but they don't feel safe, they feel deprived.

That's their choice. This is when their little ego says to me "I hate you because I am not you but neither do I want to become like you."

The one question I ask and almost never get a response is...Then...What do you want.

I wanted to not walk through life feeling small. I didn't want to walk through life in a constant state of upset, to the point where I couldn't experience anything or anyone because I was intimidated, scared, felt inadequate, was angry, that life didn't apply to me.

If I allow that small ego to dominate me...I'm not living. I'm existing. I'm just breathing to keep my little ego safe. Your world contracts so small that you may as well not be alive at all. You can't enjoy what others are showing or saying , you can't experience anything new because its bothering your ego. You can't even see anyone all you see is sources of fear. It's like having a spoiled brat that you can't take anywhere so you stay home all the time. Or do you manage the child to where it doesn't humiliate you in public, deprive you of everything you want to try, throw a monkey wrench in everything.

If you are resisting an emotion, you are not refusing you are refusing your own inner experience. If you get dumped by a horse, you've resisted their motion. They horses wants to buck, move with it. Want to bolt, move with it. Wants to run move with it. Wants to rear, move with it, don't resist, move into. So people tell me "but that frightens me when they bolt, buck, twist, and rear ". I never said to not be afraid, I said move with the horse. I never said what the horse is doing is acceptable or okay but its doing what a horse does. I'm not condoning the actions of the horse, I'm asking you to move with the horse. But they seem to think because they are afraid they shouldn't move and basically what we are seeing in all of life. I'm afraid so I won't move or go with the motion. I'll resist the emotion and you'll always fight with that emotion.Then the horse will always dump you. You will quickly believe that is your lot in life. To be dumped, discarded, disposable. Will come to expect a dumping everytime.

So if your previous post pissed me off I'd move with it. Hmm he pissed me off I wonder why, Why am I feeling this, what is this attached to. Okay I accept he pissed me off, but why? Moving with the emotion. I am responding to the emotion.

Or I could resist the emotion. "You are dick, a *****, a miserable horrible mean, person you pissed me off.!" Not moving with the emotion. It then stagnated and so does its host.
    Last edited by 9eagle9; 01-19-2014 at 10:31 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (01-19-2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Is it an opinion on the state of the ego or is it an observance?

If you see someone having a tantrum...and you say "Wow that person is having a tantrum. .."

Opinion or observance?

Wow that idiot is having a tantrum. <<<<< opinion.

If you offered me a cookie and i said no, what is that? It's no. What if you decided I was having a tantrum. That's an opinion. The small ego has unreliable opinion, 'Stories' going on in one's head. Observation is more dependable if you leave it simply to what you are observing.

Nothing is private the small ego has a very defined set of behaviors. When you observe those behaviors you don't need an opinion. You don't even need to think about it.
    Last edited by 9eagle9; 01-19-2014 at 10:37 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (01-19-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 9eagle9 View Post
    If you are resisting an emotion, you are not refusing you are refusing your own inner experience. If you get dumped by a horse, you've resisted their motion. They horses wants to buck, move with it. Want to bolt, move with it. Wants to run move with it. Wants to rear, move with it, don't resist, move into. So people tell me "but that frightens me when they bolt, buck, twist, and rear ". I never said to not be afraid, I said move with the horse. I never said what the horse is doing is acceptable or okay but its doing what a horse does. I'm not condoning the actions of the horse, I'm asking you to move with the horse. But they seem to think because they are afraid they shouldn't move and basically what we are seeing in all of life. I'm afraid so I won't move or go with the motion. I'll resist the emotion and you'll always fight with that emotion.Then the horse will always dump you. You will quickly believe that is your lot in life. To be dumped, discarded, disposable. Will come to expect a dumping everytime.

So if your previous post pissed me off I'd move with it. Hmm he pissed me off I wonder why, Why am I feeling this, what is this attached to. Okay I accept he pissed me off, but why? Moving with the emotion. I am responding to the emotion.

Or I could resist the emotion. "You are dick, a *****, a miserable horrible mean, person you pissed me off.!" Not moving with the emotion. It then stagnated and so does its host.
    good post, i see your perspective and it's all true.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 9eagle9 View Post
    Is it an opinion on the state of the ego or is it an observance?

If you see someone having a tantrum...and you say "Wow that person is having a tantrum. .."

Opinion or observance?

Wow that idiot is having a tantrum. <<<<< opinion.
    have actually experienced this on universal spectrum chat.

someone wanted to chat or vice versa.
    but i could not as my headphones where broke.
    a wire had come loose.just through wear and tear,myself the kids using them,removing them ect.

when i explained i could not speak because the headphones where broke.

the response i got was (why have you thrown them against the wall)

i just thought is that the opinion you have of me.i do not have to explain myself to you.but you have this wrong opinion.

i never explained to the person as to why the headphones where actually broke because for me they had already set something in their mind.

but in there defense i was a bit of a hothead during that period