Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Get outta the way, Banksta's the Momsta's are here.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 810 Posts

Re: Get outta the way, Banksta's the Momsta's are here.

no, not really...there is such a thing as geometry - Euclidean and otherwise...I guess, I missed that point entirely. I was teaching my daughter 'math' in the form of shapes when she was 3 years old...little did she (or her mother for that matter) recognize the future value of 3-dimensional frames of thought...adults call it geometry and trigonometry.

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,285 Posts

Humanity isn't found in converting numbers to shapes. A monkey can be trained to do that. We are creating a weak humanity deliberately so the equally weak powers that be have a easier time containing us. If we are wounded all the time on a psychological level there's no fear we'll ever rise against them because our own need for safety would prohibit it.

We are programmed away from the best things about us that make us human, a love of freedom, of intelligence, of true courage, and risk taking. Love is not the only thing that makes us humans; all sorts of creatures are capable of love. However this is not even real love we are referring to its sick, needing parasitical egocentric narcissism. Emotionally damaged people are not visionaries and they are most concerned about staying safe instead of contributing in truly meaningful ways. It's very easy to coo that you love everyone but to go out in the world risking rejection, to prove real love is an entirely different challenge.

You do understand this is how domestic terrorists are made?

Oh weep...we aren't understanding the needs of our government. It sounds lonely and we are just ignoring it...those citizens must be bullies!

There is nothing vulnerable about this. I see no one being vulnerable . You have to be a wickedly strong person to be vulnerable and the truly vulnerable are discerning with whom they are vulnerable with.....children do not yet have that discernment. Nor can we expect them to have it when 99 percent of the adults in the world lack it including their teacher. I see children being made vulnerable for the sick pathology's of others.
    Last edited by 9eagle9; 02-01-2014 at 04:02 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (02-01-2014)

Thanks

These two clips need to be played like propaganda 'round the world to save us from a lovely state of numbness:

Inner Armageddon Blog: http://innerarmageddon.wordpress.com/

People's insecurities and inability to be comfortable in themselves prevents them from shutting the f.uck up.

Thanks

if true, very very sad...but the teacher is exposing a vulnerability by sharing her approach with others. How many people knowing what she does would accept it as potentially a healthy and very insightful approach to overcoming rampant alienation. Personally, I applaud her efforts and her obvious emotional giftedness.

Thanks

Reluctantly, I admit I have always believed what that guy is saying...until my daughter was born. I was totally and completely unprepared to experience unconditional love. It was TRULY overwhelming.

Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    no, not really...there is such a thing as geometry - Euclidean and otherwise...I guess, I missed that point entirely. I was teaching my daughter 'math' in the form of shapes when she was 3 years old...little did she (or her mother for that matter) recognize the future value of 3-dimensional frames of thought...adults call it geometry and trigonometry.
    Those are valid mathematical formulas that explore how measured spaces of a certain shape work together to each other in relation to their shape. Which is why cars don't have heart shaped wheel wells or fluffy bunny transmissions. What functions optimally not what keeps people emotionally safe. Are people going to be frightened because the fuel pumps of their vehicles don't look like unicorns?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (02-02-2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    if true, very very sad...but the teacher is exposing a vulnerability by sharing her approach with others. How many people knowing what she does would accept it as potentially a healthy and very insightful approach to overcoming rampant alienation. Personally, I applaud her efforts and her obvious emotional giftedness.
    Good go impose on your daughter and insist she keep you emotionally safe. Force her to be friends that perhaps you view as 'in need'. Hell go the extra mile and dump her off in the worst part of Houston for a day to visit with the drug and prostitute community because after all those people are victims too.

Walk your talk.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (02-02-2014)

Thanks

I don't force my daughter to do anything...I do encourage her to be sympathetic and supportive of those in 'emotional' need. AS LONG AS IT DOESN'T HARM HER. She has made good decisions in this regard and I told her point blank that I was going to back off trying to 'steer' her in 'my' sense of the right direction because she demonstrates very good judgment...I told her so. I also told her to be prepared and even 'happy' to accept the consequences of the judgments she does make. I don't think she is ready to be dumped into junkie and prostitute land as she is not fully emotionally mature but if she does choose to follow one of her early interests (brain physiology/medical psychiatry) she might well end up there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 9eagle9 View Post
    Are people going to be frightened because the fuel pumps of their vehicles don't look like unicorns?
    I'm sure you're familiar with the phenomena whereby people are 'vulnerable' to the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune when leaving therapeutic environments. A protective circle is formed when in therapy but outside everyone has to confront brute ugly reality. Such is life, but you see therein lies the 'magic'. If the vulnerable, specifically children, have their emotional wells filled with 'protective experiences' then when confronted with harsh reality there is a 'reserve' to be drawn from...some call it 'strength'.

Retired Member
    Thanks

Let's check to see what vulnerable means. Susceptible to mental, emotional or physical harm.

Why do we want vulnerable kids? The unhealthy sort of vulnerable?

So we have a teacher who isn't afraid to impose her emotional short comings on a bunch of kids who have no defenses against it. That's not vulnerable.

You and I have an entirely different perspective of strength It's not drawn from a well of preinstalled emotionally comforting experiences. Its drawn from knowing I won't fall for emo manipulation, examining my motives, examining what I see, trusting my critical thinking skills, knowing my limits, challenging those limits in self directed ways, and knowing myself how smart I am how capable I am. Those are mine. Didn't come from some half baked new age teacher because stories are fine for comfort and the scenarios in our head, when it comes to engaging in the world, protective experiences do not prepare you for challenges.

Reading the story in the DVD player manual is a nice comforting story. Sounds easy! Makes you feel capable of overcoming all that complicated electronic stuff. To actual get the damn thing to play based on that story is bit different.

If I see a bus bearing down on me will a protective story protect me. or my ability to scoot out of the way.

So when push comes to shove do we draw on something real, or a comforting story ? that is what most people do today.

So the teacher stated she was filling all these kids up with wells overflowing with protective experience and sending to a front line and calling them warriors.

Warriors don't draw from safe and protective. Rabbits do.

There's evidence in the world today why this is just the wrong direction. Because we complain about it all the time even as we are doing it. Where we are at today in society where we are just helpless and depending on the stories of what we've been told is why we are collectively in such a dis-empowered state RIGHT NOW. Why are we ruled and controlled the way we are is a result of that protective well.

The well is poisoned.

And its a good idea to continue that? I can compromise. If people want to keep going on this vane, they are welcome. The first time they approach me quivering the world isn't safe, I can then knock their lights out. Because that is what they've been programmed for, to lose. So it would be perfectly appropriate that they should lose and I wouldn't be doing anything wrong. That's what they are trained to do fail before those who have real sources of power.

This could be a good thing. If the people with real power don't flinch and buy the victim story. Pretty soon it will be powerful people running the show. This could be a fantastic evolutionary process. For the empowered anyway...the victims will just be victims.

Right. Trained to lose. If they lose to me or some higher up in the food chain, why does it matter? Can't complain to me because ....if I were to do otherwise I would be dismissing the program you insist on. That wouldn't be good either. That's how you make your own trap. This all sounds so nice warm until its challenged.

There is (0r were ) a few examples in this forum of ADULTS running on this same program. So they decided in the Their Mind thread they were going to be 'warriors' and they had these comforting protective stories behind them when they went on the attack. When they went on the attack they attacked the wrong thing and in the wrong way. Because the stories weren't designed for that. They are designed for comfort not usability.

And you just go into that thread and see what happened to them. Fail. Totally unarmed, totally defenseless, totally without critically thinking skills ready to be butchered. Their defense was that I had a smug cheek bone face. That's a protective story. So I remember commenting then that everyone would have to rearrange their faces so the victims wouldn't have to be threatened by someone's appearance. That one's appearance made them a smug bully. Which had nothing to do with the topic at hand. But it was the only safe thing they felt could address. I didn't make them weak like that, they were like that long before I ever came along.

So out pops another comforting protective story--because their comforting story failed, we were all just elitists.

That didn't help them either. It hurt them, it didn't hurt anyone else.

So I have permission to just knock out whatever one of these little darlings that come along and no one can criticize me for because you've given permission and agreement. You insist on it.

And that's all well and fine. But can we remember when we are confronted with a 'bully' that not only was permission granted to that bully to be a bully it was insisted on.

If you can agree to that....then its all cool.
    Last edited by 9eagle9; 02-02-2014 at 09:02 AM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (02-02-2014),D-Day (02-02-2014)