Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are we heading? or is it just me?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,235 Times in 723 Posts

Where are we heading? or is it just me?

I'm feeling currently the world at large is in a precarious position, more so than usual...

There are several violent, economic and political situations occurring currently.

The Russian Ukraine situation with Moldova on the Ukraine border becoming unsettled.

The "as usual" Israeli offensive slaughtering caged in Palestinians while the world has become desensitized to the Israeli "kill off the Arabs" campaign.

ISIS running amuck in Syria, Iraq with different sectarian factions vying for power.

Yemen, bankrupt, poor and disenfranchised with sectarian violence erupting in recent days.

Libya, yesterday, becoming violent again with rocket and missile attacks, again factions at work.

Syria, as mentioned above, needs further mention, partly due to the Human cost amongst other reasons, and no one of any consequence gives a ****.

Egypt, tinkering on the edge of further unrest and violence.

East and central Africa, again the world at large is desensitized to the unrest but with sectarian violence out of control, things are becoming more than usual, barbaric and brutal.

Meanwhile behind the obvious unrests, there is another economic potential looming. The share markets around the world are peaking, more so than before the GFC of 08. Property markets in several countries are tanking and bubbling, with China using "ghosting" means to keep their growth figures buoyant with a housing and business bubble in a very dangerous position.

Basically, things are more ****ed up than usual and the near future doesn't look that bright and it feels like it won't take much more to tip the world into an economic, political and brutal war.

But hey, I could just be imagining it all and things are all hunky-dory...
    Last edited by Zook_e_Pi; 07-22-2014 at 04:13 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Harley (07-22-2014),Zook_e_Pi (07-22-2014)

Thanks

Re: Where are we heading? or is it just me?

Harley...fixed the thread title please, slap a "we" in there for us, thanks dude.
    Last edited by Harley; 07-22-2014 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added "we" to title

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Harley (07-22-2014)

Thanks

The Pentagon today has admitted resuppling Israel with ammunitions, while 1363 Palestinians are dead of which 30% are children. Almost 8000 injured and the remaining citizens of 1.8 million are effectivley imprisoned within Gaza with nowhere to go...

The latest attacks, 3 seperate bombing runs, one upon a UN school housing over 3000 citizens where the UN gave notice of civilians seeking refuge there, no less than 17 times...

US soldiers also fighting for Israeli Military in this genocide.

Shame on the USA and all countries who support The US, mainly the Rothchild bankster empire and cohoorts...the West.
    Last edited by Ross; 07-30-2014 at 09:10 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Zook_e_Pi (07-31-2014)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 658 Posts

The "Chosen Ones" defending their right to existence?
    Harley

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Useful Post:

Ross (07-31-2014),Zook_e_Pi (07-31-2014)

On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 665 Posts

When the Europeans came over and took North America away from the indigenous populations centuries ago ... there was no internet.

I wonder how many people were even aware of the genesis of the state of Israel before the advent of the internet ... specifically, before the advent of hypertext and the world wide web?

To see history being made in the naked open of heavy scrutiny ... and the world just standing by quietly while a rogue state attacks one of the schools waving an ostensible world flag - with thousands of civilians seeking shelter inside - is a sin beyond comprehension.

On par with Hiroshima and Nagasaki - here, don't let the historians fool you, WW2 was already largely over by that point, they were merely testing new technology. On par with the Dresden bombings ... which was also gratuitous (according to many historians).

Beyond the war criminal aspect of the Gaza ethnic cleansing, this is yet more evidence that the leading nations of the world are being occupied by those affiliated with the war criminals ... because the collective conscience in each of the leading nations is having its flow obstructed in the main streams of communication. The real news is simply not reaching the people. Might as well be back in the dark ages, even before Columbus arrived and staked claim on the Americas.

Active ideological subversion has practically guaranteed cognitive dissonance. Result? The problem is understood by far too few; the reaction of far too many is tepid at best, and the solution (e.g. cognitive consonance) seems impossible. IMO, we'll never have a better opportunity to dream the impossible dream ... such is the dire strait of human existence. Still, if we are committed to it, we can expand our awareness from its current humble - decidedly abject - state ... to a state of critical awareness slash the state of solutions. The alternative is to take our current levels of awareness and retreat into the state of ignorance. Rest assured, the bliss then owed to us will be short-lived.

Pax

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zook_e_Pi For This Useful Post:

Ross (07-31-2014)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    To see history being made in the naked open of heavy scrutiny ... and the world just standing by quietly while a rogue state attacks one of the schools waving an ostensible world flag - with thousands of civilians seeking shelter inside - is a sin beyond comprehension.
    I share your 'sin beyond comprehension"... in this day and age, however I put that down to general desenitization...when all and any information is available.

The old, not their time to be burdoned with such concerns, lets face it, they have earnt their time to chill, if they can.

The mature, the middle aged, the 30-60 bracket...busy finding their "secruity", raising children, paying bills, or living in a situation like the majority of Human kind exist, where this kind of Human behaviour is not on their radar, basic survival is their mission.

The young, 15-30 bracket...do I need say more...

The very young...maybe at the end of an era, The Human Race's advance towards the ultimate sin...failing to use the brain that has the capacity to overcome and evolve. Can build a space shuttle yet fails to evolve beyond the primitive blueprint of barbaric genocide affecting all life on this Earth...

A level zero civilization at work and the math provides the probable outcome...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Zook_e_Pi (07-31-2014)

Thanks

Azerbaijan President declares war with Armenia via Twitter:

President Ilham Aliyev posted a torrent of messages on his Twitter account @presidentaz stating Azerbaijan is in a “state of war” with Armenia, the first time a country has declared war using the medium.

There has been tension between the two countries since 1988 over the disputed area of Nagorno-Karabakh — a territory both have been tussling over since the independence of the Soviet Union. The conflict, which claimed an estimated 30,000 lives, halted in 1994 with a ceasefire but recent events has seen military action resume.

The first tweets kicked off following an attack launched by Armenian forces which took the lives of several members of the Azerbaijani army. President Aliyev claimed how “their blood has been avenged” and continued with a series of militant tweets describing how “the war is not over”, “the Azerbaijani army is strong” and “the occupied territories are our native lands”.

Meanwhile, The US has entered into Iraq with airstrikes against ISIS and Obama says this will be lengthly campaign.

IN THE wake of US air strikes against ISIS in the Kurdish region of Iraq, supporters of the Islamic jihadists have launched a counter attack on social media.

Bearing the hashtag #AmessagefromISIStoUS fanatical supporters of the group tweeted thousands of messages, many featuring sick images of dead American soldiers and citizens alongside warnings of further atrocities.

The tweeted threats, frequently in bad English, were accompanied by photos of the 9/11 attacks and of US marines killed in Iraq, including gruesome images of the charred body of a dead American contractor hung from a bridge in Fallujah following an infamous 2004 ambush.

One tweet warned that ISIS is “ready to cut your heads Dear Americans O sons of *****es. Come quickly.”

Another tweeted: “This is a message for every American Citizen. You are the target of every Muslim in the world wherever you are.”

The tweets came after the US launched its first air strikes in Iraq against ISIS. On Saturday, President Barack Obama said that the strikes had destroyed arms and equipment held by ISIS forces whose rapid advance has surpassed US intelligence estimates.

The president warned that the new campaign in Iraq “is going to be a long-term project.” He wouldn’t give a timetable for how long the US military involvement would last, saying it depends on Iraq’s political efforts.

“I don’t think we are going to solve this problem in weeks,” President Obama said. “I think this is going to take some time.”
    On Friday US fighter jets and drones attacked three separate militants’ convoys in a bid to stop the militants advance on the Kurdish city of Erbil and to prevent a potential genocide against an estimated 40,000 Yazidi and Christian minorities besieged on Mount Sinjar.

President Obama authorised the strikes, saying: “America is coming to help.”

US forces have already started to drop food and water to Iraqis racing to flee the Islamists.

The air strikes were the first US military action in Iraq in three years. However, President Obama, who rose to political prominence as an outspoken critic of his predecessor George W. Bush’s 2003 invasion of Iraq, said he was not sending back ground forces.

“As commander in chief, I will not allow the United States to be dragged into fighting another war in Iraq.

“And so even as we support Iraqis as they take the fight to these terrorists, American combat troops will not be returning to fight in Iraq, because there is no American military solution to the larger crisis in Iraq,” he said.

Hamas vows ‘no going back’ as Israel, Palestine exchange fire:

HAMAS, the Islamist movement in de facto control of Gaza, has vowed there will be no concessions to Israel, defying international attempts to broker a new ceasefire after fighting resumed.

“There will be no going back, the resistance will continue,” Hamas spokesman Fawzy Barhum said in a statement issued on Saturday.

“The occupier’s intransigence will get it nowhere and we will make no concessions on the demands of our people.”

The month-long conflict flared again after mediators tried but failed to extend a ceasefire that expired on Friday morning and which Israel accused Hamas of breaching with pre-dawn rocket attacks.

Israeli warplanes have pummelled Gaza with 40 air strikes that killed five Palestinians as militants hit back with 14 rocket attacks.

Gaza emergency services said at least five men were killed in Israeli raids on Saturday — two travelling by motorcycle through Al-Maghazi refugee camp and three pulled from the rubble of Al-Qassam mosque in the middle of the enclave.

The Palestinian interior ministry said Israeli jets destroyed three mosques — at least two of them considered close to Hamas.

Resident Ibrahim Taweel said the Israeli military telephoned him at 3am, warning him to evacuate his nearby home five minutes before the mosque was attacked.

“I couldn’t tell all my neighbours, so I evacuated myself and my neighbour and after five minutes an F-16 fired one rocket and after that a bigger rocket destroyed the mosque,” he said.

The army said Palestinian militants fired 14 rockets into Israel, bringing to 52 the number of projectiles launched at the Jewish state since a 72-hour truce ended on Friday.

Israel said it had carried out more than 100 strikes in Gaza since Friday, 40 of them since midnight.

Palestinian medics say those strikes have killed 10 people.

The 72-hour truce collapsed after mediators in Cairo failed to extend a ceasefire when it expired on Friday morning as Israel accused Hamas of breaching the quiet with pre-dawn rocket attacks.

But combat has not resumed at the same fierce intensity, feeding hopes of a new truce bring agreed.

“Our hope is that the parties will agree to an extension of the ceasefire in the coming hours,” US State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said.

Acting US Middle East peace envoy Frank Lowenstein, in Cairo for some days, “is still trying to help the parties get a permanent ceasefire”, a US embassy official said.

Fighting has now killed at least 1900 Palestinians and 67 people on the Israeli side, almost all soldiers, since July 8.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 809 Posts

I was aware Zook...I read more than a few books about the history of the Jews and Israel...Putin is a narcissist that would bring the world down around his ears if he could. He can't. The rest of the world is just exercising the status quo. They have to solve their own problems and there's nothing anybody can do about it...short of physical intervention of genocide and diplomatic efforts. That's where our responsibility for each other begins and ends.

Thanks

Today, as it stands, there are 51 current war conflicts occurring...

Some go back decades...

And here we have SETI allocated 100 million in funds to further observe and find Intelligent life beyond the Solar System, including a possible revised Galactic message to send out to any potential listeners.

This comes off the back of the recent Keplar Telescope data finding more and more Exoplanets within the goldilock zone of their respective Stars...

One of these goldilocks candidates is a mere 12 LY away...and in terms of a Galactic distance from an advanced intelligent species perspective, is possibly just up the road...as it were.

What on Earth (pun intended) is wrong with this race called Human beings...a rhetorical question!

Thanks

Ross what do you think of the positing done by Steven Pinker in relation to the state of the world and conflict?
    know thyself