Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mark Passio: Street-wise Spirituality

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 810 Posts

Re: Mark Passio: Street-wise Spirituality

Mark Passio...it seems my post came back...it was hiding apparently...

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,285 Posts

Oh. I don't disagree that the answers are inside of us, but the observation of the natural world--or natural law out there--tends to give us an idea of what is going on inside of us.

Thanks

yeah, true, as well...perhaps it's a feedback loop and one should be on the positive band... a.k.a. the light side, the good guys, etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

9eagle9 (12-13-2014)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Passio gives a good lecture about natural law on a mental level--or as a mental construct--he's a bit too emotionally driven to convince me that he holds the principles much beyond an idealized level; he still percieves it as "Laws that are Broken" instead of everything being a product of natural law, good, bad or indifferent--and he attempts to convey that nature has some sort of morality which is found in reason.

That insinuation that we are experiencing a time of moral decay because we are 'breaking the laws of nature', when its just a result or consequence of nature--we are out of balance and that tends to have a negative effect. He doesn't seem to view himself as a product of nature, good, bad or indifferent. He's right minded as it were.

If one has a cat or dog or you have to teach them morality--"no you cannot snitch food right off my plate,or bite me when you're getting a bath"--all based in reason, nature doesn't come with built in morality. We experience so much moral decay today, because so many people are 'trying' to be moral and base it on emotions rather than reason.

I don't steal from people because I'm a good, loving, or moral, kind or have a superior moral base; its un-reasonable for me to steal from people. There is no 'reason' for it. I can't think of a 'reason' why I should steal, or kill.

That's where honor comes from, but people are making all about emotions--morality.

All based in reason, not morality.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

D-Day (12-13-2014)

Thanks

I think I finally have some insight into where you're coming from...I agree with you...but it's foolishness 'on their part'...on the other hand there is nothing wrong with 'feeling' a connection which can guide our behavior...

Retired Member
    Thanks

It depends on what the emotion is I suppose, feelings are what ends up driving a dumbed down morality. I don't need to feel anything to act honorably....I guess when I don't feel like killing someone that's a good thing?:lol:

Thanks

exactly...I used to feel like that a lot...then i was abducted...Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk!

Quote Originally Posted by 9eagle9 View Post
    feelings are what ends up driving a dumbed down morality
    that's not morality...that's amorality... I think it always filters to the individual's motive force...if it's good then we can call it morality, if it's bad then we can call it amorality...good is good, it doesn't care about emotions...joy is the reward humans get for suffering humanity. Bad? Well, that speaks for itself...

Retired Member
    Thanks

yeah people confuse emotions and feelings for morality. and that's amoral and eventually leads to amoral behavior. Everything is then based in whether something 'feels' good or bad rather than being good or bad. A loss of objectivity. Reason makes amoral people look bad so you can see how reason is a non starter...Amoral people don't necessarily have to be engaged in bad acts or anti-social behavior they lose objectivity with everything though and end up in state of self victimization or self abuse.

When were you abducted, how why when where and did you ever post that somewhere?

Thanks

i was kind of kidding but i did wake up in my front yard in the middle of the night when i was about 12 years old (while having a 'flying' dream) and then in 1990 i maybe had some lost time (in the proximity of ufo sightings that are documented by Cannon AFB in Clovis New Mexico)...who knows, right... (Of course, after 1990 I've always had that damn lights turning off and on around me kind of thing, watches that won't work if I wear them and work perfectly if i take them off...that kind of stuff). Under certain circumstances I can literally feel electricity...it causes a tingling/burning sensation on my skin.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

9eagle9 (12-21-2014)

Thanks

I forgot to mention that my dad told me one time that a 'lady' tried to abduct me when i was an infant...apparently the family dog interceded. He told me that but I never knew whether or not to believe him...his stories always changed from day to day...i could never figure it out.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

9eagle9 (12-28-2014)