Thread: Kototama-Words, Sounds & Origins of the Universe

Thanks

Kototama-Words, Sounds & Origins of the Universe

Kototama (or Kotodama ) is the Japanese belief that power dwells in words, names, and, sounds.

The idea that words and sounds can influence your person and surrounding enviroment have been discussed here in different threads. Use this thread to discuss any thoughts you have about this topic in any language.

Morihei Ueshiba founded the Martial Art of Aikido. The spiritual basis of Aikido uses theory's of Kototama.
    Ueshiba : "Aikido is the superlative way to practice the kototama. It is the means by which one realizes his true nature as a god and finds ultimate freedom"
    In the mid 1950's the British government asked the home school for Judo to send an instructor they wanted to have the citizens learn Judo. They could not spare an instructor and were given the contact information for Morihei Ueshiba. Ueshiba sent one Kenshiro Abbe, this guy was amazing. Abbe had has his own ideas on motion, mind, and movement called Kyu shin do.

Abbe's success in Britain led to other great and masterful instructors to go to Englang and Europe to teach. This brought Sensei's Chiba, Noro, and Mutsuro Nakazono to the west.

These gentlemen taught in England and Europe from the fifties into the seventies. There were all students of Ueshiba and were sent into the world to teach Aikido in their own way.

I never met any of these gentlemen. I did meet and train with someone who was taught by them. He held all of these instructors in the highest regard. I asked who his favorite was and his reply was Mutsuro Nakazono.

I then bought Nakazono's book called Inochi.

I should add ...other then reading the book I never studied or practiced these sounds.

Inochi - The Book of Life

Mikoto Masahilo Nakazono (1918-1994). This book presents the ancient principle of Kototama. The 50 life rhythms, including the 5 mother sounds combining with the 10 father rhythms, are explored fully. This practice opens one up to the highest human capacity. The three orders of society are delineated and explained in detail. Sensei Nakazono studied directly under Sensei's Ueshiba (the founder of Aikido) and Ogasawara (a teacher of the Kototama Principle) for many years, and then taught the Kototama Principle in Europe, the United States, and Mexico. (1984) - 119 pages. Illustrations and sound charts.

It goes into detail on the first sounds of the universe.

You can read it here. http://www.scribd.com/doc/18363822/S...of-Life#scribd

His other books and web site are here. http://www.kototamabooks.com/

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to aikisaw For This Useful Post:

8t88 (01-29-2015),9eagle9 (01-29-2015),Baphe Metis (01-29-2015),VajraYaya (01-31-2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,285 Posts

Re: Kototama-Words, Sounds & Origins of the Universe

There's your language as motion and movement.

All metaphysics, all understanding of the natural world starts with l and o--the music sheets are all littered with notes composed of o and l--form and energy.

A E I O U--Wa, WE, WI, WO, WU ---

AEIOU are just symbols for sounds coming from our mouth. When sung they move, when written they become defined by grammar--programmaring.

Double U on one hand and double V on the other. V is life , U is You. You are life or --form and energy. Two Yous would be WE. You and I. There is a third person lurking in here though.

A great example of the higher steps of trivium where movement of natural energy is composed of sound.

We know music MOVES us. You found a great example of 'ow and WI "

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

aikisaw (01-29-2015)

Thanks

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1

John 1 New International Version (NIV)
    The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome[a] it.
    I have read that bible passage for years and it still makes no sense.

When it was presented in this way I could understand what was going on.

In the beginning God was everything. In order to be able to experience everything he needed to experience nothing. . There are now two dimensions, everything and nothing. In order to observe the two dimensions you need a third ....the observer. In order to communicate you need sounds and the first sounds are the Kototama.

I was thinking about the two Abrahamic religions Christianity and Islamic, and how they are currently being played against each other to foment war and unrest around the world. It appears there is an observer playing both sides against each other.

On a personal level I was thinking about my own duality which mirrors the war and unrest. I need to become my own observer. It occurred to me in both examples the power lies in the observer and the observers ability to communicate effectively.

Where and what does effective communication come from?

The Gyuto Monks
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyuto_Order

Gyuto (Tibetan རྒྱུད་སྟོད་ , Wylie rGyud sTod) was founded in 1475 by Jetsun Kunga Dhondup and is one of the main tantric colleges of the Gelug tradition. In Tibet, monks who had completed their geshe studies would be invited to join Gyuto or Gyume, another tantric institution, to receive a firm grounding in vajrayana practice. Both of these monasteries used to be in Lhasa, Tibet, but they have been re-established in India. At the time of the Chinese invasion in 1950, about 1000 monks were part of the monastery. 60 Gyuto monks fled to India in 1959. After initially gathering in Dalhousie, India, the monastery was established in Tenzing Gang, in Arunachal Pradesh, India. The main monastery is now based in Sidhbara, near Dharamsala, India. Today, there are nearly 500 monks in the entire order. Ramoche Temple in Lhasa was located inside Gyuto Monastery.

Gyuto's monks are known for their tradition of overtone singing, also described as "chordal chanting" which is said to have been transmitted by their founder. It achieved renown in the West following the release of recordings made by David Lewiston in 1974, and in 1986 by Windham Hill Records.

In 1995, a group of Gyuto Monks traveled to the United States and performed during a series of concerts with the Grateful Dead.[1] Under the name "Gyüto Monks Tantric Choir", they appeared on the Mickey Hart/Planet Drum album Supralingua.
    Overtone Singing
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtone_singing

Overtone singing, also known as overtone chanting, harmonic singing or throat singing, is a type of singing in which the singer manipulates the resonances (or formants) created as air travels from the lungs, past the vocal folds, and out of the lips to produce a melody.

The partials (fundamental and overtones) of a sound wave made by the human voice can be selectively amplified by changing the shape of the resonant cavities of the mouth, larynx and pharynx.[1] This resonant tuning allows the singer to create apparently more than one pitch at the same time (the fundamental and a selected overtone), while in effect still generating a single fundamental frequency with his/her vocal folds.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aikisaw For This Useful Post:

9eagle9 (02-01-2015),VajraYaya (02-01-2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

That's wild. Definitely puts one in an altered state of consciousness. These days people would freak out and think its Satanic..lol. Totally overlooking the fact that our common everyday language is putting us under a spell.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 9eagle9 For This Useful Post:

VajraYaya (02-01-2015)

Retired Member
    Thanks

Well...maybe effective or at least programmable communication would be in motions--or just sounds. Ya, Na, pointing, showing, demonstrating, our language seems to be more about programmed definition

The Word-Logos. The Logic of the story--we create with words--create a program to run like a computer programmer. Words-Worlds.

There are definitely two worlds --at least. Two governments at work, two judicial systems, the commercial and the law, public and private, two sorts of medicine, artificial and natural, suppressed energy & free energy, duality all over--in people, in systems--everywhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images