Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hidden Influence: The Rise of Collectivism

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Hidden Influence: The Rise of Collectivism

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Adam, do you consider yourself a Progressive? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    that's a funny question...

Not really, it's just I know well from personal experience that the mere mention of FOX NEWS to one with progressive leanings, is like dangling cat nip in front of a hungry cat. They simply can not resist the urge to pounce all over it. It's no different than mentioning say, gay marriage or Barack Hussein Obama to one with conservative leanings. Sit back and watch the fireworks...

Now to be totally clear Adam I don't have any skin in this game what so ever, as I shed the remains of my own once very set in stone political affiliations years ago. I'm simply sharing my unbiased observations.

As I've stated to various posters, if progressives are pretend good guys, I still choose to side with the pretenders of good because as a side effect of the pretense is actual good.

Thank you for clearly stating your position.

What is alarming about this presentation is the accomplished methods that are used to twist reality...it's what these people do best, I've concluded it's innate...innately disturbed...purely and wholly psychopathic.

By "these people", I'm assuming you mean those of the false right paradigm? The FOX NEWS type apologists and propagandists?

Anyway, let's get down to the nitty gritty here. I've done quite a bit of research myself into the type of stuff the documentary was showing, and I didn't notice red flags flying in my face as often times happens when viewing online material. Putting left wing ideology aside for the moment, can you clearly demonstrate some obvious areas where they were twisting reality and being psychopathic?

Like I said before I thought they did a pretty good job laying bare the Left, but they apparently let their own bias get in the way by not laying bare the Right. If there's something that my eyes and my brain are missing here (it happens), then as usual I want to know about it and correct the wrong thinking as soon as possible.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 810 Posts

yeah, it's very subtle...they are what they are condemning. I always see an analog to the eschatological viewpoint of the Antichrist...Fundamentalist Christians are always pointing fingers at the Pope, President, Middle Eastern leaders, etc...as the AntiChrist when in fact, the antiChrist will be a fundamentalist Christian. You see, it's the same story, different page. The documentary was painting a picture of fascism. Fascism yes, but not engendered by the poor hapless liberals. Liberals are bombarded with the ferociously underhanded monolith of power, money, greed, that is devoid of empathy, devoid of soul...practically another species, the soulless. These people care not a whit about their fellow humans and will stop at nothing to gain the whole world and willingly will barter their souls to do it. Yet, they have the nerve in the documentary to say something as ingenuous as, "markets will regulate themselves". A seeming harmless, logical, and straightforward belief, yet buried within in it is all the evil that exists in the world today. I swear, it is Satanic. It's not angering, it's unnerving that those people are still around. I began to sense the rise of fascism in the U.S. in the mid 80's with Reagan and it came to full bloom during the reign of the Bush clan. Hardly the work of the left it is. FredKC posted a definition of fascism, I posted that definition 10 years ago for those that didn't understand. In fact, I've shortened the definition:

Fascism: A lack of empathy.

One can erect a facade of political sophistication around it but it is no more and no less than not caring. Beyond not caring, it is primeval as a lion chasing a lamb with impunity. It is John Lash's Archons made incarnate.

that's about as well as I can articulate my feelings on short notice...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Fred Steeves (04-16-2015)

Banned
    Thanks

Someone was once trying in vain to show me something of great importance, but I kept denying even the possibility of it's existence because I simply could not see it. Not only could I not see it, I didn't even want to try and see it because just the very idea of it being true was so utterly preposterous to me. They finally gave up (and rightly so), but in departing the subject they told me something I'll never forget: "Fred, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there". Turned out I did wind up seeing it for myself, and not too terribly long afterwards either. I didn't want to see it and I didn't try to see it, but I think it was that little implanted nugget of self doubt that allowed me to see it. In a moment of shocking realization that particular door of perception blew wide open, regardless of whether I wanted it to or not.

The Left (Liberalism/Communism), is every bit as ruthless and psychopathic as The Right (Conservatism/Fascism). It's right out there in the open just like the proverbial naked emperor. Adam, just because you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

Cheers
    Last edited by Fred Steeves; 04-16-2015 at 08:14 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 810 Posts

Communism is most assuredly ruthless...and there are without doubt corrupted liberals (they are easy to spot...they are the ones that look and act like psychopaths) Honest liberalism and ruthlessness are inherent opposites. They cannot exist in the same physical space. For example, one of the favorites is Al Gore. At his heart he is something other than a liberal...my argument? His father voted against Civil Rights legislation and junior is an historic sized hypocrite. An example of the fruit not falling far from the tree....case closed. Hillary Clinton is another classic example, what she really is, is anybody's guess but I don't think it's a liberal. She is too self-serving to be a true liberal. I don't look to those types for inspiration. Anyone or anything that lays claim to both properties simultaneously is fraudulent. They belong to the other side....