Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump Watch

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 809 Posts

President Trump Watch

What the heck, I started the Hillary watch thread as a joke and it has turned into a run, which is great, of course. So, I figure it's only fair that we have a similar thread for Trump.

I recommend we start with Trump's come to Jesus moment under the tutelage of his new spiritual advisor, Paula White. I should point out that these issues are self-proclaimed not rumors perpetuated from a painful tortuous twisting of things 'that might be true' in an alternate universe.

Donald Trump's 'Spiritual Advisor' Sells Eternal Life for $1,144 by Stealing From Harry Potter
    Even other evangelicals are questioning her authenticity.

Worshippers who streamed into the doors of New Destiny Christian Center in Apopka, Florida on Easter Sunday got the surprise of their lives when their senior pastor offered them an opportunity to cheat death, the Christian Post reports. For a little over a thousand dollars, folks could purchase a “resurrection seed” she told them was set by God. Like the “resurrection stone” out of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, this seed would presumably resurrect anyone who has died.

“I don’t know what is dead. I don’t know what the enemy sent a death to. I don’t know what decision that caused death to come upon whatever the situation you’re facing, but I do know that God has sent me to you to bring resurrection life,” she told the crowd along with scripture on Lazarus. “To tell you that I believe that as we put our faith together before Easter Sunday on March 27, there’s gonna be resurrection life in your life.”

She told the audience that she doesn’t generally get so specific about money, but it was God that gave her specific instructions on the dollar amount.

“There’s someone that God is speaking to, to click on that donation button by minimizing the screen. And when you do to sow $1,144,” she told the crowd. “It’s not often I ask very specifically but God has instructed me and I want you to hear. This isn’t for everyone but this is for someone. When you sow that $1,144 based on John 11:44 I believe for resurrection life. You say, Paula, I just don’t have that, then sow $144. I don’t have that. Sow $44 but stand on John Chapter 11:44.”

Then like an infomercial proclaiming “but wait! There’s more!” White promised those buying the “resurrection seed” that they would also get some special prayer cloths that might cause “miracles, signs and wonders.”

“There have been times that I have taken prayer cloths that have been anointed as a point of contact. I put them in my loved one’s sneakers, I put them under their bed. I put them on parts of my body that I believe God for healing,” said White.

But if someone purchases the “resurrection seed” and finds that it has failed to resurrect anyone, White explained that it’s probably user error. “Cause there are things I’ve prayed out of ignorance or asked out of my own desire and I said God, but your will be done. ‘Cause I knew, His word is His will. See His will is for whatever is dead in your life to come back to life. How do I know? John 10:10. Jesus came to give you life and give you life more abundantly,” she explained. “So click on and minimize that screen and right now sow your miracle resurrection seed as we stand in faith together and I believe God for your miracle.”

Like Trump, when it comes to criticism of her controversial past there is only one to blame: The liberal media aka Satan. That’s what she preaches on today for Trump.

“I don’t know who she is, I don’t have any contact with her, I’ve never met her, never talked to her, the most prominent her name has been is, she’s tied to Trump,” said David Lane, an influential evangelical leader GOP candidates gravitate to. He also added that White’s brand of “faith” doesn’t represent the mainstream to traditional Christians. “She can’t move evangelicals,” he explained.

But it was White, not former presidential candidate Ben Carson or former Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) who put together Trump’s evangelical advisory committee, as others have claimed.

White said that her special relationship with Trump has been one that has enabled her to see him interacting with common folk. White mentions a construction worker and Latino groundskeeper at a golf course she witnessed Trump shake hands with and thank for their hard work. This is evidence to her that Trump is a man of God.

“Paula White is a charlatan and recognized as a heretic by every orthodox Christian, of whatever tribe,” a recent tweet from prominent Southern Baptist leader Russell Moore reads.

White owns the label of a preacher of the “prosperity doctrine,” which says that God wants people to be rich. However, she rejects that the focus of her ministry is rooted in wealth. “Do I believe that God is a sugar daddy? Not at all,” she claimed. “Find your passion in life and figure out a way to make money,” she explained her teachings.

Despite decades in Florida’s religious community, White is still not very well known to Christians there. However, the IRS and Sen. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) know her for her ministry’s lavish spending habits that grew into investigations and a Congressional inquiry during the early 2000s. Despite a $2,300 contribution to meet Barack Obama, White claims she has voted Republican “my entire adult life.”

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 658 Posts

Re: Trump Watch

OK Adam, here's some Trump it up news for ya!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WATCH: NRA Releases First Pro-Trump Ad…And It’s A Doozy

29 JUN 2016

The National Rifle Association has released it’s first pro-Trump ad of the 2016 election season. The ad
    features Mark “Oz” Geist, a Marine Corps veteran who provided security services in Benghazi.

“A lot of people say they’re not going to vote this November because their candidate didn’t win,” Geist
    begins as he strolls through Arlington National Cemetery. “Well, I know some other people who won’t
    be voting this year either.”

“Hillary as president? No thanks,” Geist says. “I served in Benghazi. My friends didn’t make it. They did
    their part. Do yours.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although the NRA posted this video ad with the title "Mark "Oz" Geist: Stop Clinton, Vote Trump",
    you may note that no where in the video will you actually see or hear the name Trump.

With that in mind, I posted the following comment to this NRA YouTube account:

Question: Where in this ad do you hear or read "TRUMP"? Nowhere! While this certainly is an anti-Clinton ad, it is not necessarily
    telling you to vote Trump either. REMEMBER: There are alternatives out there other than Democrats and Republicans, and some of
    these candidates outshine Clinton and Trump by miles. Educate yourselves and check them out. There isn't much time left!
    Harley

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Harley For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (08-20-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 443 Posts

I snagged a copy of Trump's speech in Charlotte, the other day. Interesting.
    "Life IS mystical! Its just that we're used to it." - Wolf, the movie
    "Dad, if God is everywhere then, when he's in a piece of paper, is he squished?" - My daughter, age 7

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fredkc For This Useful Post:

Aquarian (08-20-2016),Harley (08-20-2016),Jenci (08-21-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 658 Posts

While Hillary was Resting Up and Obama was dodging his own Water Hazards at the Golf Course, this is what Trump was up to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trump Makes Fools Of Governor AND Media When He
    Rolls Into Louisiana With An 18-Wheeler Full Of Supplies

20 AUG 2016

When Donald Trump announced his impending trip to flood-ravaged Baton Rouge, Louisiana,
    Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards seemed more than a little cynical, saying through a spokesman,
    “We welcome him to LA but not for a photo-op. Instead we hope he’ll consider volunteering or making
    a sizable donation to the LA Flood Relief Fund to help the victims of the storm.”

So was the media. A Friday morning Los Angeles Times headline read, “Donald Trump’s challenge in
    touring Louisiana flooding: Showing concern, not opportunism.”

And when Air Trump did land in Baton Rouge, beating both his Democratic opponent and the sitting
    president, who seemed much more interested in avoiding water traps on the golf course than showing
    concern for fellow citizens whose lives are literally UNDER WATER, liberal journalists downplayed his
    visit, including a “story” entitled, “Watch Donald Trump Spend Exactly 49 Seconds ‘Helping Out’
    Louisiana Flood Victims.”

Except Trump didn’t just show up for a “photo-op,” or to spend a few seconds “helping out.” Instead, the
    man actually brought an 18-wheeler transfer truck full of supplies to help people in need, right where
    they are.

Setting up in a parking lot in St. Amant, a hard hit area between New Orleans and Baton Rouge,
    Trump’s convoy handed out water bottles, diapers and other supplies to people in need. The Republican
    nominee’s three-hour visit also included a stop at a Baptist church in East Baton Rouge Parish,
    where he met with volunteers providing food and construction help.

One woman screamed, “Thank you for coming, Mr. Trump” as the candidate was interacting with the
    crowd, The New York Post reported. And another shouted, “We knew you would be here for us!”

Trump couldn’t resist taking a jab at Obama after one woman mentioned how happy she was that
    Trump wasn’t off playing golf, to which he answered, “Somebody is. Somebody is who shouldn’t be.”

It was so much more than a photo-op, it was a person showing people in need that he genuinely cares
    about them.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Harley

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Useful Post:

Aquarian (08-20-2016),Jenci (08-21-2016)

Thanks

Most people have a memory that lasts beyond a single occasion of overt phoniness.

Scratch that..some people do...
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 08-21-2016 at 08:12 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 443 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    Most people have a memory that lasts beyond a single occasion of overt phoniness.
    Scratch that..some people do...
    "Physician, heal thyself."

I'm from the generation that, as a pre-schooler, would go around the house repeating that catchy phrase, "I like Ike!"

I was sitting in Mr. Sorensen's 7th grade social studies class when, a fellow teacher came into the room, and whispered to him. He rushed out of the room, and came back with a TV set on wheels. JFK had just been killed.

Then came Johnson. I didn't really find out what a monster he was until decades later.

Then "Tricky Dick". A well-studied, insightful guy on foreign policy, but a fool. T'Was never so much what he/they did, but the fact they lied to hide it. (sound familiar? Hmmm?)
    a) Imagine if a WikiLeaks had been around back then.
    b) When he hid/lied about it, he fulfilled the very definition of the common law term, "High crimes and misdemeanors" - which is "To subvert justice under color of authority." (The word "High" in this context, isn't about the gravity of the crime, but the "color of authority" part.)

Through all of that, and several who followed, I never gave a damn about politics. Mostly, I saw it as a job for sleazy used car salesmen types, whose greed had overtaken their intelligence(if any), and wanted to score some bucks. I figgered, "Its the government, how could it ever run out of money? Besides, they're 2,500 miles away. Good place for them."

Political parties? Plain fact is, "Merde est merde". If you want to talk "flavors", you're at the wrong door. (I still hold that belief)

So on I went, happily ignorant. Started a family, bought a house, climbed the ladder, etc. Somewhere in there, I began to think about what kind of values I really had (I blame the children for this). Outside of the usual "Left-over Hippie" stuff, I mean. (I prefer this term to "Yuppie", as "upwardly mobile" sounded the same as "Kiss ass" to me. Still does.)

Enter the Clintons. It wasn't so much the corruption (We'd survived Nixon, right?), or they're liberal, and brazen use of it, but the way in which they lied about it - with righteous indignation. Worse, it went unchallenged! If you know/follow the TV show, NCIS, then you know about "Gibb's Rules":

Rule 7: "Always be specific when you lie."

Hillary's vicious, vindictive side was still kept under wraps. Then came the Travel Office thing. Billy R. Dale lost his job, had his career ruined, and went bankrupt defending himself in court over false charges. Why? Because Hillary had a friend in the travel/charter jet business, who wanted the job.

Again, why? In the grand scheme of things, this guy was "nobody". But he stood in her way (at least he survived). This wasn't Bubba, this was Hillary, all the way. Did any of Hillary's crew ever wonder, "Is this wrong?" Nope! You can read the doings from the people involved at the N.Y. Times. They worried about 2 things:
    In the memorandum, apparently intended for Thomas F. McLarty, who was the White House chief of staff, Mr. Watkins wrote that "we both know that there would be hell to pay" if "we failed to take swift and decisive action in conformity with the First Lady's wishes."
    And...
    By contrast, in Mr. Watkins's account, written in fall 1993, the dismissals were precipitously pushed through almost entirely at Mrs. Clinton's insistence, despite his preference for a gradual reorganization. He would have resisted, he said, but he was afraid of dismissal, himself.
    Over the next 20 years, she has perfected her craft. "Writ large", in fact. So, 20 yrs later, here we are:
    • Those millions of refugees, wandering the streets of Europe,
    • The tens of thousand dead, both in Syria, and Libya,
    • The very existence of ISIS,
    • The arms ISIS has used to foment all this,

All of it the result of Saudi/Turk/US government projects, on Obama's watch, headed by Hillary Clinton. As to why, there's this from a DIA report, recently obtained under the FOIA:
    "...establishing a declared or undeclared Salafist principality in eastern Syria . . . in order to isolate the Syrian regime ."

IF nothing else seems hinkey, where lie the loyalties of someone who would send US soldiers in harms way, while also arming the very people who wind up shooting at them? What's the plan here... Really!

I started out to tell why I became a student, not of politics so much, but our system of governance, here. I got as far as, "Enter the Clintons."

Something had gone terribly wrong, and no one seemed to care. Everything my parents taught me about how you treat people, and how our government should work, had gone right out the window. So I started studying from the beginning: The Constitution, it's intent, and why. Its the one thing I'm thankful to the Clintons for.

It did pay off, though. A few years later, I was onto the Bush/Cheney crew, 2 weeks after 9/11 - got called a traitor for that... a lot.. I began telling folk 7 months before his election that Obama wouldn't change anything about all this - got called a racist for that... a lot. Buy in both cases I was right. Small comfort, really.

I would say that the most accomplished, unrepentant, murdering sociopath, ever to occupy a high office in the US was, hands down, Dick Cheney. I thought we'd never see his equal.

But in Hillary Clinton he has met his match. And she wants her turn. Even backed by the same people in the "Deep State".

This isn't a Dem/Rep thing, or a Left/Right thing, either. Gave that up a good while ago. Its a matter of whether or not this nation survives, and when will it stop and look in the mirror, see what its become? Something from 250 years ago rings true about the people in the US today:
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." -- Voltaire

Might not hurt to toss in a quote from a fellow old fart of my generation:
    "An idea is something you have. An ideology is something that has you."--Morris Berman

Anyway, Had to get that off my chest. Maybe now I can go eat something.
    Fred
    "Life IS mystical! Its just that we're used to it." - Wolf, the movie
    "Dad, if God is everywhere then, when he's in a piece of paper, is he squished?" - My daughter, age 7

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fredkc For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (08-21-2016),Harley (08-21-2016),Jenci (08-22-2016),Ross (08-21-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
    Over the next 20 years, she has perfected her craft. "Writ large", in fact. So, 20 yrs later, here we are:
    Those millions of refugees, wandering the streets of Europe,
    The tens of thousand dead, both in Syria, and Libya,
    The very existence of ISIS,
    The arms ISIS has used to foment all this,
    We were on the same page until the above. It simply isn't true...Watch Fareed Zakaria's "Why They Hate Us!" for an interesting perspective. Anywho, it started with the invasion of Iraq. After, Sadaam was caught and eliminated, In Iraq, there was a vacuum of the obligatory hate and a need for satisfaction of the urge, "who do we kill next". In step the founders of ISIS. It started then, where Obama's responsibility takes shape is in his naivete and the innate belief that people are at their core, good. He was dead wrong and he started to realize the reality of that when his own American people, known as conservative politicians, did everything they could to destroy him, even if that meant destroying America.

He tried to follow his own conscience and that of many of his fellow Americans in that he felt and acted as if we had no right to try determine the fate of foreign entities. Herein, lies the vacuum of power touted by both mainstream right and the isolationists, the fact that that is a contradiction, in my parlance, a double bind condition, is irrelevant to the blind flailers. In steps Putin to destroy what was remaining of a sane civilization. The parts do fit together.

I think it is well known that Hillary and Obama were at odds with how to practice foreign policy. And, in fact, Hillary is much closer to the right in this regard which would explain why many of the traditional right are willing to support her over Trump, who is frankly a ticking time bomb. Really much like Putin, in that regard with the caveat that at least Putin has some smarts whereas Trump is an unhinged moron. Also true, is that many liberals are distinctly uncomfortable with what they know about her 'imperialistic' tendencies.

The only saving grace is that Hillary has an ameliorating framework in the liberal populace where on the right side, they are all freaking unhinged. It says volumes that even they are frightened by Trump.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 741 Posts

Adam,

Left, right makes zero difference to the general citizen. Both are corrupt, deceptive, fraudulent and unhinged and only consider the voter for their own gain, that of staying in a job as a politician. Two terms preferably.

Your strong lean towards the leftist mandate is a little odd considering you are of good intelligence and take the stance of 'the lesser of two evils' view-point. Again I say, it makes zero difference for the general citizen, the many, the tax-payer, the voter. Left, right, or the Man in the middle, will not change the deceptive self interest mentality of the politician...you know as well as I do that the democratic system, for all it is, is a deceptive ruse of the highest order against it's citizens.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (08-21-2016),Jenci (08-22-2016)

Thanks

Fair enough, Ross, there's much truth to that. My strong leftist lean is born of what I see as the counter to the right which at its core is just more hatred, insensitivity, disregard for fairness, basic disregard for honesty and truth, in short, a me first approach to life and that's before we get to the representative politicians.

Truth and a world view that everyone is my neighbor is all I reach for. In that context, with a doubt, left or right is irrelevant. Some of the most decent people that I know that are conservative always betray a personal selfishness and rigidity that goes beyond the material and it is always disconcerting to me.

I should point out that I am literally the only 'liberal' member of my family. I was adopted...
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 08-21-2016 at 06:27 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Ross (08-21-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 741 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    Truth and a world view that everyone is my neighbor is all I reach for.
    Well that's the guts of it...in this day and age you'ed think that's the essential go-forward attitude for the species as a whole. But alas, while those who control power and the decision making on behalf of their citizens, and in this day and age the 'global citizen', continue on a path of deceptive self-interest, and are leading by example it is no wonder that deceptive self interest can be found from the capstone of power to the foundation of the capstone, that being all in between to the man on the shovel...

Wades idea's of a choir built to around 5000 strong, under his training, would bring about change of scarcity and fear to that of abundance and love...however, based on what I wrote above, that Utopian idea will not work under the current self-interest of Man in general. Free energy would no doubt be controlled by the same ole crew, because scarcity and fear is how mankind has operated (purposely) since the Egyptian empires. Perhaps a genetic upgrade (neuro-science) would help...evolve the Human mindset to that of collective interest.

Yeah I know I'm being fanciful, but I can't see any other way forward before those that set the examples, deliver us all to a collaborative demise.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Jenci (08-22-2016)