Thread: Botched!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 443 Posts

Botched!

ok,this was too weird to pass up.

I'm driving home from an early run into town.
    I'm listening to the final minutes of the morning drive guy, on the biggest AM radio station in LA, KFI.

So the guy usually does some odd story for his show finale.
    I'm blown away. "Nah! this has got to be a joke, right?"

So I got home, and googled, 1st thing. Several hits!

Yes, it's a 3 yr old story, but back in the news because she is STILL trying to collect!
    So here it comes...

Woman in Macedonia...

A woman who underwent surgery to remove skin cancer left the hospital with a very different result: Doctors mistakenly attached her colon to her vagina, causing her to relieve gas from her genitals. Central European News (CEN) reported that three years after the error occurred, Jasminka Velkovska is speaking out about the botched procedure to put pressure on the Macedonia hospital, which promised her more than $33,000 as compensation for the error. Velkovska is reportedly still waiting to receive about one-third of that payment.

"While I was recovering, doctors came and asked me if I was passing gas, and I said, ‘Yes, but it’s coming out of my vagina,’” Velkovska told media in Macedonia, according to CEN. "They told me that it would soon pass and I would be OK, but stuff had started to come out of my vagina, and I was feeling scared, and it was all very unpleasant."

Not to seem indelicate, but... I have questions:
    1. Whose her lawyer? I mean, if this had happened in LA, or anywhere in the US, for that matter, they'd be talking $30 million, NOT $30 thousand!

2. Still not paid????

3. What kind of procedure, for skin cancer, requires a doctor to be disconnecting her plumbing front AND back, in her "nether regions"? I mean, WTF???

There's more story at the link.
    Fred
    Last edited by Fredkc; 09-23-2016 at 01:38 PM.
    "Life IS mystical! Its just that we're used to it." - Wolf, the movie
    "Dad, if God is everywhere then, when he's in a piece of paper, is he squished?" - My daughter, age 7

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredkc For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (09-23-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 803 Posts

Re: Botched!

How about the one where a guy goes in for gall bladder operation, I think, and they whack off his you know what. And, of course, there's the stories of the docs cutting off the wrong pieces, legs, arms, etc. In the United States there has traditionally been strong resistance to natural remedies not subjected to FDA rules. I think the number of people that suffer from their use is very limited, if any deaths at all. On the other hand, the legitimate medical professions kills over 33,000 people a year by accident. hmm.