Thread: Sole Survivor (1970)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 658 Posts

Sole Survivor (1970)

Sole Survivor is a TV Movie that I remembered watching when it aired in 1970, and one that has kind of 'stuck with me' all these years. So I thought I'd share it for those who may have not seen it.

This story is loosely based on the discovery of the B-24 "Liberator" bomber - the "Lady Be Good" - that was found in the Libyan desert 17 years after the crew got lost on their 1st bombing mission to Italy during WWII.

The plot focuses on the Air Force Investigation Team looking into the crash; the "Sole Survivor" of the crash who was the Navigator of the flight and now a Brigadier General, who is with the Team; the repatriation of the airman's bodies; and the Truth.

If you can get past the fact that it is a 46 year old movie (Wow! Really?) it really is quite a good story.

It stars William Shatner as Lt Col Josef Gronke, Richard Basehart as Brig Gen Russell Hamner, and Vince Edwards as Maj Michael Devlin.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sole Survivor - 1970

When a bomber believed to have crashed in the ocean 17 years ago is found in the Libyan desert,
    a Colonel and Major accompany the only surviving member of the crew, who is now a General to
    figure out what happened. The General claims that he and the other members of the crew jumped
    over the ocean when in reality he bailed out leaving the others to fend for themselves. And while
    the Colonel just wants the whole thing closed, the Major insists on finding the truth.
    And watching them are the ghosts of the crew.

[Note: If you are unable to watch full screen click on YouTube in the bottom-right corner of the screen]
    Harley

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 810 Posts

Re: Sole Survivor (1970)

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Sole Survivor (1970)
    That adds to my list of movies to watch..

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Harley (09-25-2016)