Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shootings Are Ramping Up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 641 Posts

Shootings Are Ramping Up

This is what's showing on my personal news feed right now.

The shooter who killed 5 people in Burlington, WA (not far from me) has been caught. He is a 20 year old permanent resident immigrant from Turkey.

The shooters in Baltimore and Illinois are still at large, and it's been unofficially reported that there are deaths in Illinois.

All this happening on Friday night and Saturday night.

With the Presidential Debates starting on Monday kinda makes me wonder what's next.
    Harley

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (09-25-2016),Zook_e_Pi (09-25-2016)

On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 633 Posts

Re: Shootings Are Ramping Up

Yup, at this point it doesn't matter whether it's crisis actors and false flags ... or Manchurian candidates and controlled terror ... the ZOOTUS is ratcheting up its criminal destabilization of the US.

Unless the Gettysburg people ratchet up in tandem with awareness, whatever happened in Bolshevik Russia, and Jacobin France ... is primed for a repeat in the first quarter of the 21st century.

Pax

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zook_e_Pi For This Useful Post:

Harley (09-25-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 803 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    With the Presidential Debates starting on Monday kinda makes me wonder what's next.
    You've hit on a critical intangible...social zeitgeist. As starting with the Reagan administration with its 'ambience' of exclusion, society became mean. Social violence escalated and continued throughout the era of right meanness. Obama's social zeitgeist was one of inclusion and it started a hysterical backlash from the right of we've got to stop this. And the attempts to do so were rooted in more hysteria. It should be obvious to anyone who takes the time to honestly reflect on the manifest reality.

Trump has started the same process and the end result will be that everyone is miserable and the only redeeming quality for the right will be that they are able to say, "Well, at least he's white!". Is the need to exclude those that we are 'uncomfortable' with so strong that we are willing to destroy our society, ourselves?
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 09-25-2016 at 06:39 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Harley (09-25-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    Unless the Gettysburg people ratchet up in tandem with awareness, whatever happened in Bolshevik Russia, and Jacobin France ... is primed for a repeat in the first quarter of the 21st century.
    All we have to do is stop doing Article Number whatever from the Doctrine. Stop hating!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Harley (09-25-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 443 Posts

And to put another dot on this line, 2 days ago Hillary, in an interview for AARP's magazine, said:

AARP Bulletin asked, “What would you do to address terrorism?”

Clinton responded:
    Well, these are legitimate fears. I believe that people are rightly concerned about violence. Terrorism is part of that violence, and we have to do the best job we can to keep America safe. So I’ve laid out a very comprehensive plan about taking on the terrorists, going after them where they operate, doing everything we can to take away their territories so they can’t mastermind attacks from afar.

But we also have to go after them online because that is where they recruit, radicalize and direct attacks. And we need to do a better job of getting there early, rooting out people who are vulnerable and preventing that from happening.

She added:
    But I’m looking at violence broadly. … It’s also why I’ve advocated gun-safety reform, like comprehensive background checks, closing the gun-show loophole, closing the online loophole—because, you know, it’s not only terrorists we need to be worried about. Terrorism is part of it, but gun violence kills 33,000* Americans a year. … We’ve got to get serious about stemming violence and terrorism in every way we can.

First of all, she's preaching to the choir. AARP's goal is a complete ban on citizen gun ownership. They've never seen a gun law they didn't like - support - spend your money on (I say "your" because the stuff I get twice a month from them goes straight into my kindling box, for this very reason.).

Next, there's no such thing as a "gun show loophole". Hasn't been for over 45 years.

Next, there's no such thing as an "online loophole ". Hasn't been for over 45 years.

Next, "33,000" is a lie. It's actually around 11,200/year.
    If it's the # of deaths that concern her, an avg of 30,000+ deaths occur every year in traffic accidents. So how about "comprehensive background checks" for drivers? How about "closing the online loophole" for drivers? I can't buy a gun online without presenting myself, and valid ID, at a registered gun dealer's shop, to pick it up. And the waiting period laws still apply.

But... regardless of my physical, or mental condition, as long as I can move a mouse, I can renew my driver's license online.

Statistically speaking, I am 3 times more likely to pin your ass between a car and a light pole, than I am shooting you. "Happy Motoring!

Now, about this part: "So I’ve laid out a very comprehensive plan about taking on the terrorists, going after them where they operate...so they can’t mastermind attacks from afar."

So, the idea is to continue stirring up the middle east,
    * Continue killing the guilty and innocent alike. In a part of the world where "revenge killing" isn't just acceptable, but a matter of family honor.
    * Create more refugees, to flood Europe, and come over here.
    * And disarm their intended targets, here at home.

And all of this, after 15 years of proof it only makes matters worse.

Maybe we could initiate a 10-day waiting period on fertilizer, pressure cookers, backpacks, and cell phones.

... the ZOOTUS is ratcheting up its criminal destabilization of the US.
    No kidding. The ongoing thing in North Carolina? It isn't "local outrage" that's driving it. Police said that over 70% of the people arrested, so far, are all from out of state. the most likely driver of this is our good buddy Mr. Sorros, and the butt-load of cash he gave the BLM folk.

It's astounding
    Time is fleeting
    Madness takes it's toll...
    But listen closely...
    I've got to keep control.
    "Life IS mystical! Its just that we're used to it." - Wolf, the movie
    "Dad, if God is everywhere then, when he's in a piece of paper, is he squished?" - My daughter, age 7

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredkc For This Useful Post:

Harley (09-25-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
    AARP's goal is a complete ban on citizen gun ownership.
    That's just weird. AARP members are older white folks. They comprise 75% of membership. That's an argument that won't go over very well, As you so aptly pointed out.

I think I used that number 33,000 to quantify the number of accidental medical deaths a year in the U.S. I just checked it's much closer to 100,000 if not many more

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
    If it's the # of deaths that concern her, an avg of 30,000+ deaths occur every year in traffic accidents. So how about "comprehensive background checks" for drivers?
    That makes sense, but if you want to draw an analogy, here's a good one. "It would be crazy to ban nuclear devices simply because they can incinerate millions, have actually incinerated hundreds of thousands, and can render the planet uninhabitable." - Adam Bomm

Thanks
    Thanked 1,582 Times in 641 Posts

A lawyer, wearing Nazi uniform, opened fire at a Houston, Texas strip mall early Monday morning.

Nine people were injured and during a shootout with police the suspect was shot dead.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shots rang out around 6:30 a.m. in southwest Houston near an intersection with a grocery store, Walgreens and Chuck E. Cheese.

The attacker, identified in local reports as 46-year-old attorney Nathan Desai, used a tree near his car for cover as he exchanged gunfire with several officers in a nearby neighborhood before he was killed, officials said at an afternoon press conference.

Six people were hospitalized with gunshot wounds, including one person in critical condition and another in serious condition. Both are expected to survive. Three more suffered minor injuries from shattered glass.

The suspect's name was not released by authorities despite widespread reports identifying him as the owner of a Porsche where investigators found weapons.

The gunman was wearing a Nazi uniform, KRPC-TV reported, citing law enforcement sources.

Houston police's Dwayne Ready would only confirm that the shooter was wearing vintage military-style apparel.

Ready said that Nazi emblems were found on the shooter, along with a .45-caliber handgun, a “Tommy Gun” and roughly 2,600 rounds of ammunition. Both weapons were purchased legally at least five years ago, according to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.

Officers searching the shooter's vehicle crowded around a cop holding a notebook emblazoned with a swastika that was found in the car, video shows. More Nazi paraphernalia was found in his apartment among military memorabilia and other guns.

Officials have not speculated on any motive for the attacks and a FBI spokesman said that there is "no nexus to terrorism."

Mayor Sylvester Turner, who is in Cuba for a trade mission, told KTRK that the lawyer was “disgruntled" and "was either fired or had a bad relationship with this law firm."

Authorities do not believe any other suspects were involved in the rampage.

Witness Lee Williams said that he heard at least 50 gunshots over the course of 40 minutes and that the shooter would open fire at cars as they came near The Oaks condo complex where Desai lived.

His neighbor Jennifer Molleda said that the attorney, who practiced business, family and criminal law, had brought out an assault-style weapon when confronting roofers at the property several weeks ago.

Management at the condo told KHOU that Desai was not arrested after the incident because he had not pointed the rifle at the worker.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I wonder if the Mainstream News Media will report anything on this:

Houston Mall Shooter is a Muslim Lawyer Who Got Fired

Harley

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harley For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (09-27-2016),Zook_e_Pi (09-27-2016)

On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 633 Posts

A Muslim attorney??

Desai is a Hindu name. Morarji Desai was once a Prime minister of India (drank his own urine, yup, that guy).

I used to respect Bill Still for his series on The Moneymasters.

But that respect had seriously diminished after his endorsement of Bitcoin (which is a demonstrable scam, e.g. those with money to begin with are the ones who benefit the most from Bitcoin because they now have an electronic currency to manipulate and transfer their vast holdings onto ... think Diebold, think money-laundering).

And now, playing up the Clash of Civilizations meme, he's turned yellow journalist and attributing every "attack" to a Muslim shooter, even without proper investigation.

The Moneymasters video is still a must view, IMO. But somewhere between taking on the task of saving the species and having a symphony named after him, Bill Still has taken a detour into the Twilight Zone. I'm half-expecting Rod Serling to pop up and give us a synopsis
    of the psychology in play.

Pax

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Zook_e_Pi For This Useful Post:

Harley (09-27-2016)

Thanks

Desai is a Hindu name. Morarji Desai was once a Prime minister of India (drank his own urine, yup, that guy).
    really, I hadn't had a chance to look him up but he had Nazi paraphernalia and was wearing an old 'unrecognized' military uniform (Nazi - kookoo) Across town action for me. He was upset about his law practice apparently