Thread: Synchronous Dreams

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 443 Posts

Synchronous Dreams

Ok, it's been a while, so let's do some woogy stuff

Has anyone ever had what I call "Synchronous Dreams"?
    It's my own term for something I've just not heard another term for.

There is the term "Vivid Dream", which usually means some kind of dream which either strikes you a bit harder than the usual ones. You feel like you're actually "there", or in fact, are experiencing things which are really happening, just not where you're sleeping.

I occasionally get things like this, not very often, though. I dislike the term "psychic". Everyone seems to think of that like some "extra antennas" you can turn on or off, at will. Even if that's accurate, t'isn't really in my bag of tricks.

What happens is I'll get drawn in to something because of strong emotions someone else is experiencing. But they become something else again when other people are experiencing it at the same time. This is where I came up with the term "Synchronous".

Anyway, posted this elsewhere... didn't really grow legs, so I thought I'd post ot here, and see where it goes?

In Long Beach, Ca is a place called The Eye Of The Cat
    A Google reveals this desc.:"Store selling standard & scarce occult items from incense to spell books, plus spiritual readings."
    Your basic "Wicca supply store".

The original owner of the place was a great woman named Judy. She and my 1st ex-wife, Lora, became fast friends, and for a time Lora worked there. Lora had been around such things since birth, with daily doses from her grandmother (a friend of Manly Palmer Hall).

Anyway, FFWD about 6 years, and a young kid who was hanging around the shop, asked Judy for a job. He seemed a bit too eager, full of himself, showy, to inflict on her customers, so she declined.

Aside: This is a very typical thing. Young people, curious about the off-beat, a bit awkward socially, will wander into Wicca. Some stay, many don't. But when things get weird, you wind up with someone who thinks they now have "mastery of all power", eager to exert their influence, wherever they can. Basically, the kind who is a real pain, until they either get humble, or get out. You know... a "newbie". Turns out, it fit him to a T.

So... its 6 yrs later, 2 AM. I'm at my place when I "wake up into a dream". Lora & Judy have come by, they want my help. "There's this big ugly guy hanging around the shop. We can't get him to leave." So, off to the shop we go.

We go in, and sure enough, there is this huge guy, looking at all the herb jars. He looks about 7 ft. tall, gotta be about 400 lbs. Yup... he's ugly, too.

Judy, now with backup, tells him, several times, it's time to leave. Lora tries. I try. He never speaks. Never even acknowledges our presence. Just the same bland look, staring at the herb jars.

Finally, I walk over to him, and with a "C'mon guy, its time to leave." I put my hand on his shoulder, to nudge him towards the door. That's when things got interesting.

He whirled on me. He's still 7 ft. tall. Except now he is about 280 lbs., and something between Thor, and Hercules, with an evil looking grin. Oh, and he is completely covered in flames.

He tossed me around a bit, then leaped on me like a cat. Both hands around my throat, he's choking me, and pounding my head on the floor. Just before I pass out, I wake up, in my bed, covered in sweat, wondering, "What in the HELL was that?"

The next day, I called Lora. Turns out, same time, she was having the same dream. Later, she called Judy... same thing.

Another aside: One of the first things you learn about stuff is, you never talk about a "working". Mostly because, talking about it dissipates the energy.

Of course, "newbie" don't know that, and can't help himself. That was how, about a week later, we found out that the kid had either joined, or started a group, and what we faced was "a construct" of his, sent to harass Judy, for not hiring him.

Anyway, a Synchronous Dream.
    Fred

PS: I wonder... did the Kid put this "working" on his resume, for future jobs? hmmmm...
    "Life IS mystical! Its just that we're used to it." - Wolf, the movie
    "Dad, if God is everywhere then, when he's in a piece of paper, is he squished?" - My daughter, age 7

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredkc For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (09-29-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,100 Times in 810 Posts

Re: Synchronous Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Fredkc View Post
    Of course, "newbie" don't know that, and can't help himself. That was how, about a week later, we found out that the kid had either joined, or started a group, and what we faced was "a construct" of his, sent to harass Judy, for not hiring him.

Anyway, a Synchronous Dream.
    Fred
    Never experienced anything like that. One thing I don't do is mess with 'magic'. White or black, to me it is all black. Anytime one dips there toes in that they are asking for big trouble in my estimation. Like Ouija boards, back in the day many people treated those like innocent games because 'they never really worked'. I always wondered if the other people on the board were 'pushing' the thingamabob, so I tried it myself...It worked. According to one session I was 'told' I would live to 104. Real or not, I'm going with it.

I have had 'meeting' dreams before and then received a call 'out of the blue' by someone I didn't know but had the same 'nickname' I had dreamed to both our surprise (newspaper ad dating). I received a call from a lady in New York when I was living in New Mexico...what are the odds.

I have had numerous precognitive dreams throughout my life and had them verified by 'groups' of people in some situations. Close relationships have a strong way of precipitating that, in fact, just last night I had a really 'negative' dream and so I called to find out if everything was ok, the answer was no. I have been told by my sister-in-law I call every time something is going on in their personal lives.

I have really freaked out close working associates telling them what I dreamed about their personal lives. One person, I really scared so I told him not to worry because I would never relate a disconcerting 'dream'. I don't think that relieved their anxiety.

In the past, when I was at an age when 'experimenting' with the paranormal was interesting, I had a number of experiences that defied common sense.

So, I quit...it was just too weird for someone that didn't possess the kind of courage it takes to immerse oneself in it.

But even now, if I'm really engaged in trying to 'find out' or 'understand' something with a deal of effort (energy) I can put myself in an altered state and get 'images' of what I'm concentrating on. Actually, I haven't done that for quite some time, but when I do it with sincere effort, some of the results can really be surprising.

I had a teacher (nun) in grade school that once remarked "Where there is belief, there is great power". She was talking about the dark side but I've never found a reason to disbelieve it.

p.s. I have found that most really upsetting dreams are caused by indigestion or in my case, depression.

Somewhat off the point but I had a dream where in the dream I fell asleep and while I was asleep a teenage girl put a sticker on my t-shirt that read "Asshole". I never could figure that one out.
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 09-29-2016 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,035 Times in 443 Posts

Re: Synchronous Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    I have found that most really upsetting dreams are caused by indigestion or in my case, depression.
    "You're not real! Some..... some bit of undigested beef." - Ebenezer Scrooge
    "Life IS mystical! Its just that we're used to it." - Wolf, the movie
    "Dad, if God is everywhere then, when he's in a piece of paper, is he squished?" - My daughter, age 7

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Fredkc For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (09-30-2016)