Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The loudmouth or the Liar?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,098 Times in 808 Posts

Re: The loudmouth or the Liar?

Here's an interesting Trump-elect phenomena...Decide for yourself Oh people of Earth.

Stock values for private prisons increased by 45% overnight.

I heard an interesting fact this morning. Trump won 29% of the Hispanic vote. I hope I'm not raising a little female radical but when sometime back I remarked to my daughter that any Hispanic that votes Republican should be horsewhipped, she just smiled. Her stepdad is one such racist, i wanna be a white guy type.

I know the Hispanic mind better than any other and what I recognized long ago is that the demographic that votes conservative is the same strain of 'old white guy' in darker skin. Racist, psychically blind, in denial of personal heritage and desperate to blend into the background so to sneak their way into the 'in' group. Always referring to and reveling in the 'lightness' of their skin while comparing against those that are darker and viewing them as 'indio'. And that same type has always 'looked' down on the black as other at the same time many blacks view Hispanics as others. Obviously, this is not a progressive path to unity. That reality has always been very disheartening to me.

Ross, you made a point about Trump as potentially a great president. Reagan is considered a great president but if one looks back on his unedited legacy one can see that his only true claim to greatness was racism. That's enough for many!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Ross (11-10-2016)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 691 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    Show me a truly independent political leader who hasn't been appointed by the power structure and who has indeed been elected by the people themselves on merit-based planks (and without the use of deception), and I'll show you an electoral system that is not of this Earth.
    I can't as you know, because it's impossible to find such a person.

There have been those that have had the ethics and morality, along with the smarts and vision.

Sadly though, these rare folk don't last long in any political arena. Their youth and naivety in the early days of a career, carry's them through until the inevitable happens...'get with the program' or your gone.

Not dis-similar to the young ambitious Med student who has a desire to become a great healer, but only ends up becoming a drug dealer for big Pharma...(a general statement and targeted at those who become GP's).

Some of these folk quit, while some fall under the influence and coercion spell and become the next generation of orthodox politicians...
    Last edited by Ross; 11-10-2016 at 11:09 AM.
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (11-10-2016)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    Ross, you made a point about Trump as potentially a great president.
    Not in my eyes

But perhaps in the eye's of enough citizens as his tenure unfolds. He tapped into the middle white-class folk and particularly single white Men, as the figures are showing...that says many things, Racism being one of them.

Truth is, Iv'e never known a great President or leader in my lifetime.

Trump's success as a business Man, outside of being the necessary savvy sociopath, is his ability to hire the right folk, smart and influential folk, who have the right 'stuff' to survive and flourish in the 'shark tank' as it were. The necessary structure to keep the pyramid in-tact.
    Ross
    Rest in Peace

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (11-10-2016)

Thanks

Well, I heard today that his Agriculture secretary might be Rick Perry, erstwhile governor of Texas, a.k.a. "The Dumbest Governor in the United States"...after Dubya, of course.

Thanks

Just read this...

Ivanka will prolly be the First Woman pres - The Trump kids are amazing and I think we just saw the birth of a dynasty that rivals the Kennedy dynasty
    The more I think about it the more I can see that happening...
    Ross
    Rest in Peace

Thanks

ain't gonna happen, once Americans see how hollow that clan is, they will fall far from favor...And I'm never wrong!! Ok, maybe sometimes...but my instincts are screaming no way, on this one....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Ross (11-10-2016)

Thanks

.but my instincts are screaming no way, on this one....
    Or is that your liberal persuasion speaking?

It wouldn't surprise me at all seeing the 'clan' rise to a political dynasty. Don't believe me? do some real digging into the Trump dynasty past and the current underlings following suit...I know it freaks the crap outta ya but it's on the cards. The Clinton's are gone, the Dems have imploded and in disarray and the Reps are gonna go hell for leather. Good bad or other, that's the new reality my friend.
    Ross
    Rest in Peace

Thanks

no, it was the last gasp for the conservatives...Though, I have always maintained that stupid people 'identify' with stupid leaders which is why Rick Perry and Dubya were governors of Texas. Racism as a rallying point is going the way of slavery. That is why I have hope for the future. I still haven't talked to my daughter and I'm not really looking forward to it because she will have to endure the exhalation of this ill wind.

Incidentally, here in Texas they were distributing pamphlets sourced by a group called, "The Texas Vigilantes" posing under an American flag. The message, "target campus members that are associated with diversity groups. It's disconcerting but not long lasting.

What liberals have learned is they need to support the working class white as victims of conservative politics much as minorities have always been. They need to help the working class understand that their plight is based on obstructionism by the conservative party. And even more central to the current injustice by the intentioned twisting of liberal policies. And they need to understand that they will soon be a minority and they will get left behind rather than continuing to exist in a world that they have grown much accustomed. That of the centuries long perennial drivers of consensus reality. Learn, adjust, or fade into nothingness.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Ross (11-10-2016)

Thanks

Even the blindest of the blind will learn from past mistakes. When they recognize that it is virtually impossible for Trump to deliver on his promises in the fashion of which he promised perhaps some will 'wake up'. It's either that or the alternative. So, I guess there might be a chance of a 'Trump' dynasty just as there was a 'Bush' dynasty. But this dynasty is starting with a moron and that essentially is what ended the 'Bush' dynasty.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Ross (11-10-2016)

Thanks

When they recognize that it is virtually impossible for Trump to deliver on his promises in the fashion of which he promised
    Every single candidate makes promises and if elected, they don't deliver on, you know that. Some they will some they don't.

Trump over Bush? hmm, well Trump is far smarter than Bush Jr. G.W ran off the back of Bush Sn, who was much smarter than his Son.

Incidentally, here in Texas they were distributing pamphlets sourced by a group called, "The Texas Vigilantes" posing under an American flag.
    Yes, that's troubling and show's how deep seated many are with foreigners.

We see this with Brexit and over in Europe. We see this in Australia and Canada. It's a global issue, that being countryman are sick of losing jobs to immigrants who will work for less; who, not all, take advantage of systems and often have zero patriotism in the sense of being part of the wider community. Everywhere you look, immigrants stick together, keep their funds isolated and much of that leaves the country.

It's a massive issue and no easy fix...and that aids in the fanaticism towards racism, as we are seeing. Yes he lit the match and gave the finger to the PC mandate, opening the doors to an underlying issue facing Human beings all over the world.
    Ross
    Rest in Peace