Thread: Anybody Home?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 782 Posts

Anybody Home?

I have a confession to make...I love it when everyone agrees with me. It's that inescapable authoritarian taint in me.

I have a suggestion about forums. I think chaos should reign. It's what people in their hearts want to vicariously engage in from the safety of their keyboards. Ross, let everyone back in and let us have at it...

The rabble rouser Adamm

addendum: There are so many topics that I have a desire to smash apart and get to the 'adamms' of truth and ,of course, the non-truths.
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 02-25-2017 at 07:34 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 638 Posts

Re: Anybody Home?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    Ross, let everyone back in and let us have at it..
    Who's everyone?

Eagles is the only one that got moved on...

Forums work when members participate. I for one have been side tracked with living

Some members have posted in the past why the forum at that time was dead...those same members weren't posting themselves... and interesting that some only come around where there is drama to partake in or view.

Humans for ya...
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (02-28-2017)

Thanks

yeah, they are a strange breed for sure...

On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 620 Posts

Home? Haven't really been interested in forums all that much since FredBeard parasailed off the beach and was snapped up by a higher abode. One less genuine soul and set of footprints to press the sands below. Been dropping by occasionally to measure the pulse of the forum. Faint heartbeat, but still ticking.

Home away from home, to be sure. In India once again. Modi's demonetisation plan for India has forced me to check up on the state of my ancestral property again. Demonetisation is a scam. It only profits the insiders and disturbs everyone else. The elites of India were apprised ahead of time and were given the chance to convert their black money into system acceptable stuff. Then they zeroed-out the 500 and 1000 rupee notes before the rest of the masses knew what was happening. To be sure, there was more honest value being transacted with black money than with white money, the latter being regulated by the politicians, the bankers, and the industrialists ... half the white stuff regulated into each other's pockets, the remaining half relegated to the people of India. Which is why the Indian people developed their own underground economy fuelled with black money to circumvent the white money economy. Self-regulation is a win for the masses. Regulation, for the elites.

Unreported money cannot be stolen by The Syndicate; and it levies a tax on their officially sanctioned acts of deep pocket-stuffing. For this reason alone, virtually all the members of The Syndicate have vast holdings in black money, themselves ... which is not so curious if one considers that The Syndicate is essentially a brotherhood of thieves. Honour among thieves is the first code that every thief breaks.

Reported money keeps the brotherhood together, but it's the unreported stuff that makes each pirate dream.

In any event, the top players in The Syndicate were prior-warned to convert their moonshine moola into sunshine estates and sheen before the main notes of the black economy (500s and 1000s) were zeroed out. And that they did. And many an average person and small businessman saw their economic competitiveness reduced in half. Together with the smaller players in The Syndicate, these blindsided bumpkins are waiting stationside to hop on the next train of "commerce via unreported money" which will inevitably roll by when the newly printed 2000 rupee notes separate and move onto sunshine and moonshine rails respectively.

Musings from the land of chutneys.

Pax

ps: I was born in the sign of water. Never felt more at home than a week ago while on a beach near my Dad's birthplace. Water was warm. Coconut trees everywhere. People density was small and finite.

Name:  IMG-20170424-WA0001.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  76.7 KB
    Name:  IMG-20170424-WA0000.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  81.1 KB
    Name:  Sun_over_beach.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  602.5 KB

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zook_e_Pi For This Useful Post:

Ross (05-02-2017)

Thanks

Hey Zook,

Looks very cool. Willie Nelson wrote and performed a song regarding finding ways to be when there is no legitimate path. That's the name of the game with the black market. As Trump would say, "It's huge, really huge, the hugest ever!" I say, hell yes, it appeals to my gypsy nature.

I spent a short time at the Topic of Topics forum (before I was booted for just being me ). After I was gone, Reaver paid you one of those left-handed compliments. "he said that I was a defective and was very glad to see me gone and with a laugh claimed that he could use my moronic reflections to flesh out his own concepts, "Like I did with Zook".

I don't know about you but I call that 'mission accomplished'...

I asked before and you never responded so I'll try again... Are you interested in playing on a chess team on the Gameknot chess site. 22,000 players strong. My team is the reigning site champ and are generally in the top 5 of over 200 teams. Our Captain has run into some personal problems and has been out for a few months but intends to come back. His co-founder of the team has been 'acting' captain in his absence and has determined that he is going to 'purge' the team of 'losers' in the near future. I'm offering you a spot on the team because I know someone with your will to win would be an asset.

Let me know.

later Folks

On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 620 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    Hey Zook,

Looks very cool. Willie Nelson wrote and performed a song regarding finding ways to be when there is no legitimate path. That's the name of the game with the black market. As Trump would say, "It's huge, really huge, the hugest ever!" I say, hell yes, it appeals to my gypsy nature.
    Neither enemy nor friend, some exist because time and space accommodates them. For the longest time I thought I was referring to you, Adam, but on reflection perhaps it was me finding myself.

I spent a short time at the Topic of Topics forum (before I was booted for just being me ). After I was gone, Reaver paid you one of those left-handed compliments. "he said that I was a defective and was very glad to see me gone and with a laugh claimed that he could use my moronic reflections to flesh out his own concepts, "Like I did with Zook".

I don't know about you but I call that 'mission accomplished'...
    I've been looking in on that forum since your pointer here to the soap opera over there, and Chico's pointer to the same drama from his own forum aka ShadesOfSociopathy. If nothing else, ToTs (aptly named) is a sandbox for egos that have had trouble finding traction in real life. Discussion there is harmless enough. Mostly an imaginarium for beings to drop by and drop their heavy eyelids, perchance to dream. Feeding pigeons and watching children play in the park ... that's the same energy signature one receives when watching the arrested adolescents at the ToTs box waxing candles and burning them, waxing candles and burning them, waxing candles ...

Imagination.

Beats having to deal with real problems and potential solutions. More power to the cherubs on the carousel at TOTs. I hope they find themselves as they find each other in the mirror inside the mirror inside the mirror inside ...

I asked before and you never responded so I'll try again... Are you interested in playing on a chess team on the Gameknot chess site. 22,000 players strong. My team is the reigning site champ and are generally in the top 5 of over 200 teams. Our Captain has run into some personal problems and has been out for a few months but intends to come back. His co-founder of the team has been 'acting' captain in his absence and has determined that he is going to 'purge' the team of 'losers' in the near future. I'm offering you a spot on the team because I know someone with your will to win would be an asset.

Let me know.

later Folks
    I've been away from chess for a few months. India offers me sufficient stimuli that I don't have a need to retreat onto 64 squares to find my neurons. Maybe at a later date, when the world bores me again. I do see you as a gatekeeper, so if things head that way, we'll have to work on the same team with an elephant in the room.

Also, a top 5-team may be carrying more talent than what I can carry. I'm 54. I only play 3 0 blitz, and have been for the last 20 years. Chess is an addiction with me and I have to periodically step away for months at a time or end up being swallowed by it.

Anyways, here's my stats at FICS:
    http://ficsgames.org/cgi-bin/search....ion=Statistics

Pax
    Last edited by Zook_e_Pi; 05-04-2017 at 10:57 PM.

Thanks

Hi Zook,

yes, yes, and no...

There is plenty of talent to go around that's for sure...On our team we have people that have, at least been asked to play on national teams, those that have played in open world championships, one that was rated in the top 10 in the world and even Jessica Biel. We split a match incidentally.

And then we have players that are quite literally handicapped and we have plenty of players in between (we have a large team, about 200 teammates). As for me, all I do is make a serious attempt to play to my rating and to constantly improve. So, as far as our team is concerned all we ask is a will to win and allegiance to the team. I snuck in as a co-captain because I function as an anti-captain which can be diplomatically challenging at times. I do the Captains light work while encouraging all those that he's down on to not give up...just try. Very similar to what I have always done in the arena of real life.

What might be a surprise is that the Captain and I have a great relationship. I understand his role and try to fulfill mine...It works.

I'll check your stats, I"m sure they are impressive.

I did look...your rating would place you in a very respectable position on our team...better than me by a good 100-200 rating points

Adamm

b.t.w One needs to know their stuff to play blitz effectively.
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 05-05-2017 at 04:13 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Zook_e_Pi (05-07-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,128 Times in 638 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    I was born in the sign of water. Never felt more at home than a week ago while on a beach near my Dad's birthplace. Water was warm. Coconut trees everywhere. People density was small and finite.
    Very cool to see you in the living, Zook. Real pics opposed to someone behind an invisible keyboard... hope you're enjoying your stay.
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Zook_e_Pi (05-07-2017)