Thread: Psychological Enmeshment

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 803 Posts

Psychological Enmeshment

Hi,

I'm back after a short stay at Topic of Topics forum. It seemed like a nice place until I posted. I've never experienced such a restrictive environment in terms of free thought, emotional expression, or psychological self hood. It began to get weird quickly and it is something very difficult to pin down. Mr. 88 is the chief purveyor "of what tha' f*ck!". Interesting, really, though somewhat unsettling for someone like me. If I can't be myself, I usually beat a hasty retreat. I got booted before I even had a chance to subject myself to the usual level of psycho-torture.

I was reading a thread there earlier today with Fred S as the prime target. I began to get a level of clarity in reading. It was all very amicable until Fred directed a post at Eagle and then it started getting strange fast. Mr. 88 flashed out of nowhere and started to become hostile towards Fred. Now Mr. 88 can be quite articulate until Eagle becomes part of the Triad dynamic. 88 seems to go off the rails where she is concerned. He started to post things that were indistinct, nebulous in psycho-emotional content and just plain, 'what tha' f*ck!", in a where did that come from kind of way.

I have a couple of thoughts, that I will call a theory, or in my own colloquial speech, an intuition...

Mr 88 IS Eagle or he/she is way beyond a healthy level psychologically enmeshed with Ms. Eagle.

Adam

I'm watching the news as I write this. The Freedom Caucus is preaching about freedom. They need to get past their infancy anal stage. They are useless and the psychological paradigm that they live in is holding the world back.
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 04-01-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Thanks

Re: Psychological Enmeshment

A further thought is, I wonder what the impetus is for the obvious allegiance they hold to one another. It can't be anything positive because there isn't much discussed there that doesn't have the unspoken perspective that we are all insufficient in some form or fashion. Be it any realm of human behavior or endeavor somehow we are failing at it. I suspect they all have dart board posters of Gandhi.

I heard a fascinating story awhile back. It had to do with testosterone and how it affects human behavior, both male and female. One of the subjects of the research for some reason had 0 levels of it, I didn't hear the reason for it but anyway. They let him describe his perspective while in that state.

He described his experience as 'feeling very close to God'. The subject's experience was dreadful in its emotional blandness, he said he spent most of his time sitting on his bed looking at the walls with literally no thoughts in his brain, nothing, just staring at the walls with no motivation to even move. He did however get out on occasion due to necessity, food etc. He said he felt no passion for his food, it was just food and required to stay alive. Neither men nor women sparked an interest, conversation, sex, companionship...nary a thought.

The fascinating part though was that to him the one characteristic that emanated from everything alive or inanimate was 'beauty'. Everything was beautiful even, to use his example, a lug nut on an automobile's wheel. Beautiful because it was fulfilling its function with perfection. It was doing exactly what it was designed to do. People, tools, animals, plants, rocks, all doing what they were intended to do, thus perfect and beautiful.

He said, that he 'felt' that it was a Godlike experience. He thought that it was the way God must look at creation, a dispassionate view that everything was perfect in its fulfillment of the intended design.

Wow! Now that's some insight!

My thoughts: Behind the mass of emotions that we are, lies the core of our being, that core can be something that sees beauty or that core can be something that sees only ugliness. I, for one, wonder what lies at my core.
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 04-01-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 667 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    Mr 88 IS Eagle or he/she is way beyond a healthy level psychologically enmeshed with Ms. Eagle.
    Not the same people but part of the same insane 'their mind' collective headed by Eagles...

Glad they're polluting their own forum instead of here. Rather no activity here than the crazy rantings of Eagles, 88's and others who follow such nonsense.

Funny how they preferred to stay here ranting their psycho-babble than 88's own forum which was up and running for months prior to eagles getting the boot from here.

The world is insane enough without damaged babblers infecting another's space. You're better off Adam, not being part of their crazy ass nonsense.
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace

Thanks

As usual I learn my lessons the hard way. You are without a doubt correct...