Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did NASA land Men on the Moon?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,254 Times in 741 Posts

Did NASA land Men on the Moon?

I was reading over at TOT where certain members subscribe to the notion that NASA staged the entire moon landing event...

They even go further believing (some of them) that it's impossible for Humans to travel beyond the outer atmosphere.

Here's a sample:

So I was reading random bits and pieces from Bardon's book on Magical Evocation and found something very interesting which is something I've always kinda suspected, namely: It's impossible to travel to the moon by physical means, yet that circus about the Moon landing was an unifying event... I imagine the Soviets never bothered to discredit the American Govt because back then they would had to admit they were idiots as well for trying to achieve the same stupid thing the Americans were trying to. That of course would be the best case scenario, the other possibility is that both powers were aware that it was impossible, but for political reasons they put up that spectacle for the masses.
    Further reading http://topicoftopics.org/forum/viewt...pid=5091#p5091 from post #31

Some years back, 2008 I think...Mythbusters did an excellent job busting the conspiracy on all fronts.

Here it is for your viewing pleasure.
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Harley (06-21-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,099 Times in 809 Posts

Re: Did NASA land Men on the Moon?

I think the mental corruption is nearly complete at the Tots site. It's what happens when one starts actually believing their fantasies. The motivation behind it is simple. If one can't find legitimate paths of ego driven superiority...just make them up. Jung has much to say on the subject.

I think both Buzz Aldrin and Edgar Mitchell punched out insistent moon landing hoax investigators. And they were old! and very pissed!

On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 686 Posts

The Man on Moon story is an open ended one.

No one can definitively say that Man did not land on the Moon ... or positively affirm that they did. Not on the available evidence.

The available evidence includes liftoffs, splashdowns, footage of three-stage rocket releases, etc. which purport to show an actual project being undertaken ...

... but also includes NASA's history of lying to the public; videographic and photographic evidence that clearly shows that at least some of the Apollo missions were faked; lack of clarity in the images are somewhat problematic, given that technology purportedly existed which could send men to the Moon; Neil Armstrong's reluctance to discuss broadly what he is purported to have seen on the Moon; etc.

Moon landing hoax? Possibly.

Actual Moon landings? Possibly on some missions but definitely not all.

Truthseekers are best advised to keep an agnostic position on Man's purported adventure on the Moon. There certainly is evidence to argue both Pro- and Con- perspectives.

Pax.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zook_e_Pi For This Useful Post:

Harley (06-27-2017),Ross (06-28-2017)

Thanks

For Whatever It's Worth: NASA admitted they faked some of the photos for effect. What's interesting about that is the NASA organization has always been its worst own enemy in terms of taking their mission and their successes to the public. And they are constrictive to its employees in terms of letting them talk to the public. Undoubtedly a legacy of the military origins.

Also For Whatever It's Worth: I have a 'key' from a shuttle craft that has been to the International Space Station. I think its pretty safe to assume they'be been there. If anything is 'freaky' about the moon landings, it's the fact that the aliens were waiting for them on the moon and then told them to get their asses out and not come back until they grew up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Harley (06-27-2017)

Thanks

3 of the most common conspiracy raised questions. These 3 questions have been the driving force within the moon landing conspiracy movement, in that the moon landing was faked and the entire event was staged in a studio.

The good folk at mythbusters have sufficiently proven otherwise, while the folk on the conspiracy spectrum have failed to do due diligence and 'test' their theories...BIG fail.

1, The photo's show different angles of shadow on two objects. The only light source is the Sun. The two objects are the landing module in the background and the rocks in the foreground which show different degrees of shadow angle. The argument is that this is impossible unless another light source was used, example, studio lighting.

1a, The photo of Neil Armstrong at the base of the module show him in full light where all around him is in shadow thus proving studio lighting was used...However, both 'shadow' anomalies have been totally busted thanks to the good folk at mythbusters.

2, Footage shows astronauts walking, running, jumping which is believed to have been shot in the studio and the film 'slowed down' to imitate the 1/6th gravity found on the Moon...However, this has been totally busted thanks to the good folk at mythbusters.

3, The flag flapping movement and footprints left in the moon dust are alleged as impossible due to the vacuum of space, and again has been totally busted thanks to the good folk at mythbusters.

More evidence: While this last one does not prove man walked on the moon, it does prove that 'retro-reflectors' were left on the moon surface which can be reflected and bounced back to Earth using a high powered laser.

So, for me, these main conspiracy anomalies that have driven the movement for all these years, have been sufficiently demonstrated to show that the basis of their (conspirators) arguments lack any scientific analysis and due diligence...in other words, damn lazy!!! which is a very common aspect of many in the conspiracy movements.
    Last edited by Ross; 06-28-2017 at 06:29 PM.
    Ross
    Rest in Peace

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (06-28-2017),Harley (06-28-2017)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    The available evidence includes liftoffs, splashdowns, footage of three-stage rocket releases, etc. which purport to show an actual project being undertaken ...
    Sure, and as you see in above post, I've highlighted the most conspiratorial aspects, that being the flapping flag, the light shadows and the Astronauts movements on the Moon surface.

All of these can and have been proven, without any doubt, that all above aspects cannot be offered up as any kind of scientific evidence that Man staged said event in a studio.

What is most interesting was the flag experiment, showing how movement in a vacuum was more pronounced than in a normal earthly environment...

No matter what one wishes to see or believe, the scientific testing accomplished by the myth-busters team was an excellent example of unbiased scientific method used to prove or debunk. Hats of to the team...job well done.
    Ross
    Rest in Peace

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (06-29-2017),Zook_e_Pi (06-28-2017)

On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,275 Times in 686 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    Sure, and as you see in above post, I've highlighted the most conspiratorial aspects, that being the flapping flag, the light shadows and the Astronauts movements on the Moon surface.
    That's your list of important anomalies, Ross. Not mine. Not by a longshot. Indeed, the following website lists 10 anomalies, and your list of three are at the very bottom of this list. http://listverse.com/2012/12/28/10-r...uld-be-a-hoax/

My list of three would include in no particular order:

(1) no observable stars in any of the photographs

(2) observable strings hoisting the astronauts to simulate jumps in purported moon gravity conditions:

(3) the brilliant gem captured in the video below which exposes deception as it was taking place in near Earth orbit but which was being portrayed to the unsuspecting masses as if the lunar module was some 100,000 miles away in a more distant orbit:

That's just three glaring anomalies. On balance, there are more anomalies than expected results. Not enough to rule out the possibility of Moon landing(s), mind you. But enough to cast reasonable perhaps serious doubt on the authenticity of the Apollo missions. Which is why the truthseeker is best advised to remain agnostic until conclusive proof presents itself, if and when it does.

To take a conclusive position (either affirmative or negative) ... betrays lack of due diligence, IMO. After all, it was through due diligence some five or so years ago that I discovered the aforementioned anomalies that left me speechless.

All of these can and have been proven, without any doubt, that all above aspects cannot be offered up as any kind of scientific evidence that Man staged said event in a studio.

What is most interesting was the flag experiment, showing how movement in a vacuum was more pronounced than in a normal earthly environment...
    The flag maybe a popular point of contention to some truthseekers. For me, there is enough ambiguity in it that I won't feature it on any of my list of anomalies. Certainly, everyone is free to flog their own strawmen for pleasure. For me, the flag can be removed from the preponderance of anomalies and we won't lose anything by its removal.

No matter what one wishes to see or believe, the scientific testing accomplished by the myth-busters team was an excellent example of unbiased scientific method used to prove or debunk. Hats of to the team...job well done.
    I find the juxtaposition of Mythbusters with either "science" or "due diligence" enormously hilarious.

Mythbusters is an entertainment show ... not a science show. Their premises are often faulty (not to mention unscientific), which then often leads to faulty conclusions. And Mythbusters is entirely mainstream. While many others had already built scale models of the Twin Towers to demonstrate either Pro or Con positions against the official government theories (e.g. pancake collapse theory) ... or Pro and Con positions for and against controlled demolition scenarios ... Mythbusters is vacillating, making excuse after excuse as to why they haven't done a show on it yet although there have been many many requests.

In short, Mythbusters is not about science. It is not about observable facts. It is about legerdemain assisted with faulty premises. The producers pick and choose their premises such that those premises do not interfere with the entertainment value of the show.

Mythbusters ... busted!!! Book'em, Danno. <---- I'm going to retract this remark, because it was a gratuitous attack on your tastes and interests, Ross.

I don't often notice it when I do it, but I tend to be overly aggressive in defense of the facts and observables ... and sometimes ... that extra bit of energy can be off-putting. i'm still learning to be more diplomatic than I perhaps am. Apologies in advance.

Pax
    Last edited by Zook_e_Pi; 06-28-2017 at 11:27 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zook_e_Pi For This Useful Post:

Harley (06-29-2017),Ross (06-29-2017)

Thanks

Hey Zook,

you know that is some interesting stuff. But it begs another question. The technology as crude as it was, was sufficient to do a moon landing. Why would they not? The Zeta Reticulans wouldn't let them? I for one have NEVER understood why the decision was made to not return to the moon. It just doesn't make any sense...none...zero.

Thanks

The Earth shot via the window camera evidence was anomalous. The narrator made a number of contradictory statements, so it didn't add up. Nice Try on that part, though.

Doing a few calculations I figured the Apollo 11 could have traveled the 100,000 miles to the moon (from the approximate 130,000 mile point) in something under 24 hours give or take quite a bit probably because there were a lot of factors determining miles traveled and speed. Such as when they entered the 'orbital insertion point'. They did several orbits around the moon when approaching and several orbits around Earth when leaving.
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 06-29-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    In short, Mythbusters is not about science. It is not about observable facts. It is about legerdemain assisted with faulty premises.
    I absolutely disagree Zook. The Mythbusters are doing science. They ask questions (the Myths), formulate hypotheses, make predictions, perform experiments, and draw conclusions. Sometimes they revisit myths when new questions present themselves using revised technique to obtain better answers.

Granted it's a TV show for entertainment and some 'myths' are design purely for that factor, entertainment,
    However, fairly often they indeed embark on some serious questions, and you're very far off the mark stating "It is not about observable facts"

Above vid is exactly that, observable facts drawing evidence based conclusions. Now lets be honest here...the anomalies put forth in this video have shown very clearly that most folk have no idea wtf they are on about...such as shadow casting, vacuum of space and totally overlook the fact that anyone can look at the laser retro-reflector data.

I have offered up a far stronger argument based on testing than those who offer none, from a testing point of view. And I have only concentrated on the anomalous topics within this thread.

Did Man go to the Moon? I can't tell you that with certainty...but I can tell you shadow angles do cast differing degrees from the one light source.

I can tell you, manipulated force within a vacuum (flag) does indeed produce an on going movement and more so than in normal conditions.

I can tell you that footprints can be formed within a vacuum of space and there is a retro reflector on the surface, with precise coordinates that can be dialed up and reflected back to Earth...
    Ross
    Rest in Peace