Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did NASA land Men on the Moon?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,166 Times in 667 Posts

Re: Did NASA land Men on the Moon?

Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    There's no "try" here, Ross ... except perhaps an attempt to find the truth.
    Sorry for that statement Zook...I've got a T1 vertebra out, for a week now, and 3 attempts at realignment has failed so I'm a tad grumpy....

I would leave the vid up purely for the purpose of exposing fraudulent losers with nothing better to do than throw more confusion and deception into the mix...

If nothing else from this thread, we can at least show the many inconsistencies from both sides of the argument.

Personally if it ever was proven beyond any doubt that Man faked the Moon landings, then I would be very disappointed...while I already am concerning Mans behaviour, I'm a cosmologist enthusiast more so than any earthly bound endeavors beyond the obvious ethical achievements Man has accomplished...outside of that, give me Music and all things cosmic and I'm quite content...
    Last edited by Ross; 07-01-2017 at 10:19 PM.
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Zook_e_Pi (07-15-2017)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 803 Posts

Well, again just an opinion. Following a trail of evidence can lead literally anywhere. High discretion is required to arrive at a final conclusion. I don't doubt that Nixon would have prepared for failure. Cold war thinking. The Soviets killed off cosmonauts by the handful. In fact, in an attempt to 'be in front' ala Trump, the Soviets blew up the core of their manned spaceflight program in a show of confidence and superiority AND a failed launch. Not unlike the first Shuttle disaster.

Apparently, astronut O'leary was a firm believer in the faked moon landings and I suspect he would have been front and center during the Apollo missions.

Here's a question: Purportedly 'all' of the Apollo Missions left retro-reflectors on the moon. Did the technology exist in the 60's to use them for anything? Recall the power of the laser required to get a return signature from the devices.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Ross (07-02-2017)

Thanks

One thing that we shouldn't do is start from a personal belief if we could actually do that.

Government lies and tells the truth...Fact. We have to proceed from there.

Right now my personal opinion is that government and NASA both screwed up. There is undoubtedly elements of fakery in the missions. I think it is more likely that the military had things going on that they couldn't be completely honest about. This is overwhelmingly likely. And then there's the question of 'Extraterrestrials'...I believe that to be a 'potentially' real factor.

Mainstream Media: A mouthpiece was talking to a panel of Trump voters about various issues and the travel ban was broached. The mouthpiece posed this question and witness the wording used.

"But the travel ban doesn't include the countries that supposedly the 9/11 attackers came from. Supposedly you say. This provides deep insight to whence mainstream media comes from. Their mandate is to stick to plausibility but not necessarily go brain dead.

What is interesting in response the GOP'er stated uncategorically, "The countries that the 9/11 attackers came from. Typical black and white thinking. Big problem.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    Here's a question: Purportedly 'all' of the Apollo Missions left retro-reflectors on the moon. Did the technology exist in the 60's to use them for anything? Recall the power of the laser required to get a return signature from the devices.
    Name:  lrcubed1_med.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  31.8 KB
    The Apollo 11 lunar laser ranging retroreflector array.

Explanation...Note: laser is sent as a pulse, not a constant. The laser theory was figured out in 58 and the first laser was built in 1960 and used on the Moon as early as 62.

The first successful tests were carried out in 1962 when a team from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology succeeded in observing laser pulses reflected from the Moon's surface using a laser with a millisecond pulse length. Similar measurements were obtained later the same year by a Soviet team at the Crimean Astrophysical Observatory using a Q-switched ruby laser. Greater accuracy was achieved following the installation of a retroreflector array on July 21, 1969 by the crew of Apollo 11, and two more retroreflector arrays left by the Apollo 14 and Apollo 15 missions have also contributed to the experiment. Successful lunar laser range measurements to the retroreflectors were first reported by the 3.1 m telescope at Lick Observatory, Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories Lunar Ranging Observatory in Arizona, the Pic du Midi Observatory in France, the Tokyo Astronomical Observatory, and McDonald Observatory in Texas.
    University of Maryland physics professor Carroll Alley was the project's principal investigator during the Apollo years, and he follows its progress today. "Using these mirrors," explains Alley, "we can 'ping' the moon with laser pulses and measure the Earth-moon distance very precisely. This is a wonderful way to learn about the moon's orbit and to test theories of gravity."

Here's how it works: A laser pulse shoots out of a telescope on Earth, crosses the Earth-moon divide, and hits the array. Because the mirrors are "corner-cube reflectors," they send the pulse straight back where it came from. "It's like hitting a ball into the corner of a squash court," explains Alley. Back on Earth, telescopes intercept the returning pulse--"usually just a single photon,"

Targeting the mirrors and catching their faint reflections is a challenge, but astronomers have been doing it for 35 years. A key observing site is the McDonald Observatory in Texas where a 0.7 meter telescope regularly pings reflectors in the Sea of Tranquility (Apollo 11), at Fra Mauro (Apollo 14) and Hadley Rille (Apollo 15), and, sometimes, in the Sea of Serenity. There's a set of mirrors there onboard the parked Soviet Lunokhud 2 moon rover--maybe the coolest-looking robot ever built.

In this way, for decades, researchers have carefully traced the moon's orbit, and they've learned some remarkable things, among them:

(1) The moon is spiraling away from Earth at a rate of 3.8 cm per year. Why? Earth's ocean tides are responsible.

(2) The moon probably has a liquid core.

(3) The universal force of gravity is very stable. Newton's gravitational constant G has changed less than 1 part in 100-billion since the laser experiments began.

Physicists have also used the laser results to check Einstein's theory of gravity, the general theory of relativity. So far, so good: Einstein's equations predict the shape of the moon's orbit as well as laser ranging can measure it. But Einstein, constantly tested, isn't out of the woods yet. Some physicists (Alley is one of them) believe his general theory of relativity is flawed. If there is a flaw, lunar laser ranging might yet find it.
    Last edited by Ross; 07-02-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    Ross
    Rest in Peace

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Bomm View Post
    With that laser you might burn a hole in the Flag but not likely get a return signal save from the moon surface itself. I did wonder about finding the location so accurately.

"At the Moon's surface, the beam is about 6.5 kilometers-7.0 kilometers (4.0 mi) wide"

Retroreflector size = 105 x 65 cm in size
    Adam, you're lazy...if you have the time to write above question, you have the time to find the answer...

Where a flashlight produces "white" light (a mixture of all different colors, made by light waves of all different frequencies), a laser makes what's called monochromatic light (of a single, very precise frequency and color—often bright red or green or an invisible "color" such as infrared or ultraviolet).
    Where a flashlight beam spreads out through a lens into a short and fairly fuzzy cone, a laser shoots a much tighter, narrower beam over a much longer distance (we say it's highly collimated).
    There's a third important difference you won't have noticed:

Where the light waves in a flashlight beam are all jumbled up (with the crests of some beams mixed with the troughs of others), the waves in laser light are exactly in step: the crest of every wave is lined up with the crest of every other wave. We say laser light is coherent. Think of a flashlight beam as a crowd of commuters, pushing and shoving, jostling their way down the platform of a railroad station; by comparison, a laser beam is like a parade of soldiers all marching precisely in step.

These three things make lasers precise, powerful, and amazingly useful beams of energy.
    Ross
    Rest in Peace

Thanks

Another very poor example of reasons given that the landings were a hoax..

I'm sure you've heard the question before, "Why are there no stars in the pictures the Apollo astronauts took while on the Moon?" Perhaps you've also heard the answer given as "Because we never went there. They're fakes."

Typically the answer the Moan Hoaxers give is that since there is no air on the Moon, the sky appears black. Therefore we should be able to see the stars in the sky. Since we don't see any stars in the sky in the Apollo pictures, that means they are fake. If they're fake, then we must never have gone to the moon. It was all a hoax.

the lunar landscape is so bright that the camera exposure settings to take a good lunar landscape photo are not sensitive enough to image the much (much Much MUCH) fainter stars that are in the lunar sky. If the camera was set to record the stars, the moonscape would be washed out white and featureless.
    For photo/light examples go here: http://www.skywise711.com/Skeptic/Mo.../MoonPics.html
    Ross
    Rest in Peace

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Scott (07-03-2017)

Thanks

Hey Ross, sometimes I'm very lazy but I figured you and Zook needed some more ammo and I knew you guys would check it out.

I did notice a comment stating "Astronomers have been doing this for 35 years. The math doesn't add up on that unless the statement was made before 2005.

As far as laser as a 'constant'. There have always been considerable issues with laser constancy particularly as a weapon. I'll violate my silence agreement...a little bit...I worked with them.

I did assume it would take considerable power to keep it coherent to the moon, though.
    Last edited by Adam Bomm; 07-02-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Thanks

For those that like,"More Data"
    From someone who's close friend was an astronaut.
    http://ahealedplanet.net/cover-up.htm#apollo

Scott
    Last edited by Scott; 07-03-2017 at 10:29 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scott For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (07-04-2017),Harley (07-04-2017),Ross (07-04-2017)

Thanks

Top notch research...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Bomm For This Useful Post:

Scott (07-04-2017)

Thanks

One thing I'll say about Wade...he's thorough.
    Ross
    Rest in Peace

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ross For This Useful Post:

Adam Bomm (07-04-2017),Scott (07-04-2017)