Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: 31% of mass shootings...

  1. #11
    Senior Member sjkted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    646
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 908 Times in 403 Posts

    Re: 31% of mass shootings...

    There are parallels to other countries. In Japan, there was a mass knife attack that killed 19 people. Should we use this as a reason to stop eating meat and ban knives as they are both harmful? Statistically, it would appear there are more knife attacks in Japan than there are in the US. I would also be willing to wager Japan leads the world in attacks by sword, which is nearly unheard of in the western world. Very interesting...

    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ing-sagamihara

    https://www.rt.com/news/sword-rampage-arm-samurai-709/

    --sjkted
    Last edited by sjkted; 10-05-2017 at 06:09 PM.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjkted For This Useful Post:

    Aquarian (10-06-2017),Zook_e_Pi (10-05-2017)

  3. #12
    Administrator Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    944
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 691 Posts

    Re: 31% of mass shootings...

    Quote Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
    What does that say to a logical minded person about cars and guns? Interesting... hmm...
    Apples and Oranges...

    How many cars related deaths are due to a deliberate act.

    How many car related deaths are due to accidents.

    How many gun related deaths are due to accidents.

    How many gun related deaths are due to a deliberate act.

    300 million guns in circulation is absurd.

    250 million vehicles in circulation must also be absurd
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace
    ***

  4. #13
    Senior Member sjkted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    646
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 908 Times in 403 Posts

    Re: 31% of mass shootings...

    Ok, I will fill in the logic gaps.

    A tool is amoral. It does not reason or come to it's own conclusions. It cannot be legally culpable.

    A car is a tool and a gun is a tool.

    People are capable of moral decisions and can be legally culpable.

    People can make the decision to use tools to harm, injure or kill other people.

    A gun or a car cannot kill or harm a person without a person's intent or negligence.

    If someone decides to harm, injure or kill other people, they will use whatever tool is at their disposal. If there are no readily available tools, fists and legs can be substituted.

    I hope this information isn't "news" for anyone.

    --sjkted
    Last edited by sjkted; 10-05-2017 at 06:18 PM.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to sjkted For This Useful Post:

    Aquarian (10-06-2017)

  6. #14
    Administrator Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    944
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 691 Posts

    Re: 31% of mass shootings...

    Ok, I'll spell it out for you Ted.

    Way easier to kill and mame from a distance with a gun than using your fists...

    Way easier to bully from a keyboard or a smart ph than to bully face to face...your argument is seriously flawed.

    The only reason there are 300 million guns is because of the power of the NRA...not the 2nd amendment as most folk believe...you know your god given right to bear arms...

    In reality it's driven by profit. Look at the elitists within the NRA ranks and in the republican ranks who profit insane amounts from the sale and purchase of all things Guns and ammo.
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace
    ***

  7. #15
    Senior Member sjkted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    646
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 908 Times in 403 Posts

    Re: 31% of mass shootings...

    And it's even easier to kill larger numbers of people with bombs than it is with guns. Look at all of the bombs in the Middle East. How many bomb attacks do we have in the US? Are there lobbies to protect bomb owners and hobbyists?

    Btw, have you heard about all of the massive truck and van attacks in Europe by jihadis, or as they say "dark skinned Europeans"? Germany is working hard to invest in special concrete that is impervious to being rammed by tractors. I hate to break it to you but the single common denominator in all of these attacks is people with murderous intent. If we could find a way to ban these types of people, I would be in agreement.

    https://www.rt.com/news/384461-truck...concrete-test/
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-attacks.html

    The only reason there are 300 million guns is because of the power of the NRA
    All I can say, dude, is I'll bet you have never been in a gun shop or gun show or shooting event in the United States. Everyone in the room would set you straight in a heartbeat, especially the veterans and police. There's a reason we had massive gun sales and ammo shortages when Obama was elected and even the US .gov buying ammo to keep it out of private hands and it had nothing to do with the NRA. Many gun owners feel the NRA has betrayed them.

    --sjkted
    Last edited by sjkted; 10-05-2017 at 06:59 PM.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjkted For This Useful Post:

    Aquarian (10-06-2017),Zook_e_Pi (10-05-2017)

  9. #16
    Senior Member Zook_e_Pi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    On the way to Tiperary (via shortcut through the Tum Tum trees)
    Posts
    1,056
    Thanks
    1,291
    Thanked 1,225 Times in 640 Posts

    Re: 31% of mass shootings...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    300 million guns in circulation in the USA is absurd. Period.
    There is nothing particularly absurd about 300 million guns in circulation in the USA (with an approx. human population of 300 million). Maybe it's just me, Ross, but I tend to see absurdity in things that are totally unanticipated, not in things that are reasonably expected.

    Your wording is silly. Provable proven false flag? ok, while a 'possible' false flag, nothing has ever been proven, in any way shape or form.
    http://thedarktruth.org/tag/port-arthur-false-flag/

    Proof is in the preponderance. Not in mainstream media accounts. Not in establishment rubber-stamps. Not in wishful minds immune to the dark reality of the pyramid power structure with its hyper-concentrated control of natural and human resources, to the benefit of the very few and the abuse of the very many ... a reality of lies, deceptions, assaults, murders, rapes, pillages, and of course, false flags, etc. Not even in Zook's, Ted's, or Ross's opinions.

    Proof is in the mathematics of preponderance. All the provable facts of Port Arthur, taken together, point to an unassailable conclusion that Port Arthur was a state-sponsored terrorist event. Reasonable conjecture beyond this conclusion can then append reasons as to why. Gun control being the leading explanation.



    Pax

    ps: For the same reason (the mathematics of preponderance), we can also safely conclude that Man never landed on the Moon. I will provide more evidence for this on that other thread.

    ps2: Here, it should be noted that eternal vigilance is a must and intellectual laziness is a slick road to pratfalls. I'm not immune to pratfalls myself, as attested by my intellectual laziness when I unwittingly posted a fake Stanley Kubrick video. In the end, being wrong is not a sin. Refusing to correct one's error, OTOH, can be. Being on the outside looking in through a foggy window pane, we are expected to make mistakes. Being truthseekers, we are expected to correct our mistakes. That said, I wish you would revisit all the mass shootings in the past decade or so, in the USA and outside, and see if you can actually find one that is genuine. Unless you find the energy and stomach to do that, it's a waste of time for anyone - much less me - to tell you that you are indeed propagating the error.

    ps3: The "Stanley Kubrick" fake video to throw truth hounds off the track (and other mischievous attempts by those set against the truths) notwithstanding, the mathematics of preponderance exposes the reality of an untramped Moon, at least wrt man's footprints.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Zook_e_Pi For This Useful Post:

    Aquarian (10-06-2017)

  11. #17
    Administrator Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    944
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 691 Posts

    Re: 31% of mass shootings...

    Quote Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
    All I can say, dude, is I'll bet you have never been in a gun shop or gun show or shooting event in the United States. Everyone in the room would set you straight in a heartbeat, especially the veterans and police.
    The same crop who voted in a moron?

    Ted, no matter how you try to explain your position on gun ownership...the numbers of guns = madness.


    Quote Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
    Many gun owners feel the NRA has betrayed them.
    Umm ok...righto...
    Last edited by Ross; 10-05-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace
    ***

  12. #18
    Senior Member sjkted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    646
    Thanks
    236
    Thanked 908 Times in 403 Posts

    Re: 31% of mass shootings...

    The same crop who voted in a moron?

    Ted, no matter how you try to explain your position on gun ownership...it's madness.
    Kind of a stupid statement. When you have two morons to choose from and have to choose one, you end up with a moron.

    It is not just my position. It is the position of practically all of the owners of the aforementioned 300 million guns. I have been at those gun events and you will find extremely little difference of opinion on what the right to bear arms shall not be infringed means. Kind of like preaching to the choir so to speak. I honestly think there is a cultural divide you absolutely cannot understand until you experience it. It is vastly different on the ground so to speak than what you would get from reading the media.

    Edit: Since you probably can't visit, here is a random video with some Q&A from a show in Missouri. Listen to what all of the people are stating on the video and listen to how that contrasts with your ridiculous statement about the NRA.



    --sjkted
    Last edited by sjkted; 10-05-2017 at 08:27 PM.

  13. #19
    Administrator Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    944
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 691 Posts

    Re: 31% of mass shootings...

    Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    Proof is in the preponderance.
    Yes, you hammer that one hard Zook...I prefer my proof to hold undeniable evidence.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zook_e_Pi View Post
    All the provable facts of Port Arthur, taken together, point to an unassailable conclusion that Port Arthur was a state-sponsored terrorist event.
    Here you go again, there is zero proof only conspiracy and conjecture. You've done the same with Sandy hook, moon landings and Fukushima...we can offer possibility, we can offer anomalous accounts but by and large the bulk of them are easily explained. Now I'm not saying false flag events don't occur, they indeed do, but not all events are FF...

    anyways...the OP stat is still an interesting one compared to countries that do not have the same gun numbers per capita equating into mass shooting events.
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace
    ***

  14. #20
    Administrator Ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    984
    Thanks
    944
    Thanked 1,199 Times in 691 Posts

    Re: 31% of mass shootings...

    Quote Originally Posted by sjkted View Post
    It is not just my position.
    It would be very interesting if we could take out the politics, the NRA, the 2nd amendment and other profit driven enterprises and allow all citizens in the USA to hold an unbiased, above board referendum on the current status quo of gun ownership.
    Ross
    ***Fred Coleman, Founding Partner, Beloved Friend***
    who passed away 11/10/2016
    Rest in Peace
    ***

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •